Tractor Supply

www.tractorsupply.com
  www.tractorsupply.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tractor Supply

Good entry experience to retail trade.

Current Employee - Team Member
Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Tractor Supply

Pros

Company is growing, good customer base, if you are willing to relocate advancement opportunities are available.

Cons

Expect to work hard, IT system is a stone age relic, pay and raises are substandard.

257 Other Employee Reviews for Tractor Supply (View Most Recent)

hide the fact that I work here so that I'm not looked down on

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Tractor Supply

Pros

I enjoy many of the customers that come in the door. I can relate to them, we chat about what is going on in their lives, I get and give advice often. My dealings with the customers have both enlightened and educated me.

Cons

Management at the store level is out of touch. When a position opened up for a team leader we had 4 people currently working there who were offered the position but turned it down for one reason. Every single associate that works at our store is sick of having to take the flack for our management. The team leader who is there currently is overworked simply because management does not know how to help or satisfy customers. To the point where during summer months many of our biggest spenders will walk in the door, ask what managers are in that day and turn back around and walk out the door if either the head manager or assistant manager is even in the store.

If you are going to wait till 3 days before hand to put up the next weeks schedule, don't be surprised when other scheduling conflicts arise, it's not our fault that we have other things going on. We'd love to schedule our appointments around the work schedule, if we could only have it half as soon as company policy says you need it up by. Also if you are going to change a schedule please make it a point to notify those people of changes. I only live a few miles away so the 3 or 4 times a month that I drive in to work only to find out I wasn't supposed to be there isn't an issue. However, there have been times when I've put over 100 miles on my car to make it back from family get togethers or other events only to discover I am not working. Why o why can't you take the extra 15 seconds to leave me a voice mail telling me about these changes?

Tired of potential being squandered by Insecure and Incompetent quasi-manager types (not uncommon)

Pros

benefits
    if you are fortunate to avoid the "car salesman" type of boss, you have advancement opportunity as the company is growing and thriving.

Cons

low pay, tend to find store level managers, or ASM's to be the "scrappy" micromanaging types. Good luck with that if you are actually someone who has advancement potential!

Please try to fleece out those at store level who cannot manage people well. at the rate of pay combined with flexible scheduling, it can be difficult to continue to be an enthusiastic employee who would like to grow with the company, when you have a "car salesman" boss. Please try for better management goals. With so many people looking for work, there are many well qualified people who find the mission and values something worthy of striving towards. Happier employees and positive community relations will ensue. While business HAS to continue, I believe that focusing on this goal, to get and retain sore managers with healthier, more positive striving outlooks will go far, helping TSC to continue its' ascent for a longer period of time.

If tsc is going to thrive in small communities/special markets, its' store level employees should be part of a whole. each one having its' place. it must not be laden with drama and deceptive management. PLEASE!!! Encourage trying a positive attitude, and weeding out tactics which rely on fear of being replaced and the like... but when its time to drop a bad apple, please do it!

There are newer employer reviews for Tractor Supply