Tractor Supply

www.tractorsupply.com
  www.tractorsupply.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tractor Supply

A very rewarding career, if you are willing to work hard!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Beaumont, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offers a lot of opportunities for those willing to step up to challenges and prove their worth. You will receive valuable training if you're willing to speak up and go the extra mile inside your store. A part time team member can advance to Store Manager in a few short years with some commitment. The compensation at the management level is good compared to other retailers, especially considering that the stores are typically much smaller mad have fewer employees that other much larger stores who do not pay any better. Benefits are second to none. In a successfully operated store, all team members will receive monthly sales bonuses. Additionally, stores managers receive very generous annual bonuses.

Cons

Still a little behind the times technologically, but making great strides very quickly in the past several years. It's retail. The hours can be challenging and include most weekends. However, as retail goes, they are better and provide more holidays off than most other retailers. The nature of the products sold can make the job very physical so you will work very hard at times. However, it's highly worth it in the end. After all, who ever got a healthy return without a healthy investment?

Your payroll percentage is still below standard compared to other retail chains. The specialty niche in which we operate requires much more customer interaction and specialized product training than those other retailers. You need a significant increase in hourly payroll in order to accommodate the training and customer service that the customers deserve.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Tractor Supply (View Most Recent)

It's been a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stock options, bonuses based on sales, and good work environment.

Cons

They cut your hours after the first 3 months.

Fire the people that don't want to be there.

I love this job.....

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team is fabulous! You work hard, but have a great time doing it. The customers are great and actually being able to talk to your customer is even better. Training is good, lots of opportunities to learn and advance. Company morals and mission is awesome, upper management seems to care. Ev7eryone is held accountable for there work, responsibilities. Cross training is good. I really love this company, what they stand for, the way of life they represent, the people, .....

Cons

Everything but the pay. And the cutting of hours, even though you have exceeded your sales plans.....I just dont understand...why lose good people that have proven themselves because
     you cant give them enough pay or hours.Especially when you remember that they give us the tools, but we are the ones that make them what they are and the money

Fight for your people to get the pay and hours they deserve. Full time is 40 hours, not 30.

There are newer employer reviews for Tractor Supply