Tractor Supply

www.tractorsupply.com

A very rewarding career, if you are willing to work hard!!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsOffers a lot of opportunities for those willing to step up to challenges and prove their worth. You will receive valuable training if you're willing to speak up and go the extra mile inside your store. A part time team member can advance to Store Manager in a few short years with some commitment. The compensation at the management level is good compared to other retailers, especially considering that the stores are typically much smaller mad have fewer employees that other much larger stores who do not pay any better. Benefits are second to none. In a successfully operated store, all team members will receive monthly sales bonuses. Additionally, stores managers receive very generous annual bonuses.

ConsStill a little behind the times technologically, but making great strides very quickly in the past several years. It's retail. The hours can be challenging and include most weekends. However, as retail goes, they are better and provide more holidays off than most other retailers. The nature of the products sold can make the job very physical so you will work very hard at times. However, it's highly worth it in the end. After all, who ever got a healthy return without a healthy investment?

Advice to Senior ManagementYour payroll percentage is still below standard compared to other retail chains. The specialty niche in which we operate requires much more customer interaction and specialized product training than those other retailers. You need a significant increase in hourly payroll in order to accommodate the training and customer service that the customers deserve.

I love this job.....

Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros: The team is fabulous! You work hard, but have a great time doing it. The customers are great and actually being able to talk to… Cons: Everything but the pay. And the cutting of hours, even though you have exceeded your sales plans.....I just dont understand...why lose good people that… Advice to Senior Management: Fight for your people to get the pay and hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's been a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kingman, AZ

I have been working at Tractor Supply full-time for less than a year

Pros: Stock options, bonuses based on sales, and good work environment. Cons: They cut your hours after the first 3 months. Advice to Senior Management: Fire the people that don't want to be there. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tractor Supply.

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!