There are newer employer reviews for Trade Secret

Wonderful place to continue your education.

Former Employee - Stylist in Albany, GA
Former Employee - Stylist in Albany, GA

Pros

The company acknowledges your acheivements and also rewards you for a job well done.

Cons

If you don't have a regular client base and the walk thru traffic is slow, you loose money from your commission becasue you are on the clock.

Advice to Management

Spread the clean up of the salon evenly.

Other Employee Reviews for Trade Secret

1. The ups and downs of the Salon world

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

The Salon environment provides such a unique place to build relationships with co-workers as well as clients. It's a social environment but one that a professional can find satisfaction with due to fast pace. It's been a great place to foster my managerial skills. But my favorite part of working for Trade Secret was that I never thought about work until it was time to get ready and get in the car, it's minimal take home stress which had always made up for the lower salary.

Cons

As mentioned before Trade Secret is a great place to be trained in management and to develop pertinant skills to future employers, the higher ups however must realize the importanceof this training because it's difficult to get raises. The Benefits as with many companies I'm sure are not really worth having, so my family and I passed up on the open enrollment each year to keep our independant insurance.

Advice to Management

The more employees feel valued, the better the productivity. Generally minimum wage employees provide minimum wage work.

2. Not quite rewarding for the skills

Pros

Flexible work time, good collective of people, good travel distance, fine management, good engineers, good hr

Cons

bad salary for education level, not really interesting projects, no progression, no learning opportunities, no travelling, sometimes incompetent clients,