TradeSTAR

There are newer employer reviews for TradeSTAR

Satisfactory entry level Staffing/ Temp Company

Current Employee - Voice/Date Cable Technician in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Voice/Date Cable Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at TradeSTAR full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-They keep you working.(Job Security)
-Emphasis on Professionalism
-Provide initial training and reference for further training.
-Great for entry level Techs, or the completely inexperienced.
-Introduce you to different companies and people in the industry, (connections and references)
-Decent Pay, Decent Benefits
-Get you started on what can be a rewarding career path.

Cons

-Temp/Staffing Company (move you forward then hold you back)
-Variable Compensation (some experience seems discounted)
- Narrow Job Field (Commercial Construction only)
-As a temp you may feel disconnected from other workers
-Overcharge for crappy tools (optional)

$10/hr is ok, but when I was told $11/hr its discouraging to make a little less. Also, expand your horizons slightly, the Audio/Video sector of this job field may not be as profitable or in demand as Voice/Data right now but it is growing and encompasses skills and technical details that only experience can provide, compensate accordingly.

8 Other Employee Reviews for TradeSTAR (View Most Recent)

The best decision I ever made

Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at TradeSTAR full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with people who actually care - I've never worked anywhere before where everyone actually cares this much about their job and about helping others. This is truly a company that drinks its koolaid. TradeSTAR is about helping people get their foot in the door and get hired - not bounce them from job to job.
    Opportunities for advancement - Many opportunities to advance and different disciplines to explore within TradeSTAR
    Ability to help others - The opportunity to help others get started on an actual career path is a blessing. It is very fulfilling to visit with people who you were able to help get into entry level positions who have gone on to become skilled tradesmen or management.
    Dynamic environment - You never know who will walk through the door or what kinds of projects you will be staffing next week. There is no way to be bored at this company. You are constantly on your toes.
    Recognition for hard work - Staffed employees and internal employees alike are constantly being recognized for their hard work in various ways. Staffed employees are treated like one of the team and are rewarded through various rewards programs and recognition on the jobsite, in the office and on social media. Internal employees are recognized in the same ways.

Cons

Not able to help everyone - Not everyone is a fit for the positions TradeSTAR hires for. This can be tough especially if you really like the person you've interviewed. TradeSTAR staffs a niche within the commercial construction industry. There are basic requirements that must be met

The coffee stinks. - Well, the coffee is just not very good...

Better Coffee!

My total experience with TradeStar Austin was Great! Interviewed on a Monday was placed by Wednesday.

Former Employee - Install Tech in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Install Tech in Austin, TX

I worked at TradeSTAR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was placed where I could learn and excel. Was steady employed over 2 years and hired by large company.

Cons

Found no con's in the time I was employed by Tradestar.

Was a very pleasant experience,. Staff was very nice and caring and gave me placements that I could learn and grow within the Trade. I had 3 long term placements over 2 years with no down time and was hired by the last company. I cant say enough about how the Austin Branch helped me launch a new career.

There are newer employer reviews for TradeSTAR