There are newer employer reviews for Tradelogic

Not ready for the real world

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Operations run smoothly without management being directly involved
-Headquarters in beautiful Austin, TX
-Job security?

Cons

-Executive decisions without regard for concensus
-Poor communication
-Missing pay checks
-Hostile work environment
-Micro management
-Relying on past success to estimate future success in uncharted waters
-Nepotism
-Poorly documented or undocumented operations
-Lack of authority regarding prioritization
-Workplace performance issues are handled in an informal or unprofessional manner (verbally with no supporting evidence, in passing, water-cooler talk, etc)

-Listen to your employees; you pay them for their time, not to run on a script
-Stop hovering over the shoulders of your employees; if you can't trust them to work, why hire them at all?
-Actually read your email; self-explanatory
-Stop communicating everything via telephone regarding issues; it is impossible to keep everyone on the same page and there is no record, or maybe you don't want to keep a record
-Use the issue tracking system that is in place; want to know what people are working on? Use your available tools

12 Other Employee Reviews for Tradelogic (View Most Recent)

Best work atmosphere and a lot to offer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tradelogic as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I've never had a job that was so laid back and enjoyable. I'm constantly given new tasks to improve our software that are challenging and entertaining. Biggest pro of all is the flexible work schedule for software developers. Once I got a key I could pretty much come and go as I pleased.

Best part of all was within the first two weeks my code was actually being used in the releases. I know there are lot of companies that only give interns basic grunt work that never sees the light of day. But at Tradelogic I'm given critical tasks that get released weekly.

The team dynamic here is also the best I've ever been apart of. The developers get a long really well and we get to joke around a lot while working. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

I also have learned more in the past several months than I have in the years that I've been programming and attending college. There usually isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new or get something extremely challenging and fun to work on/fix.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of parking because of where it is situated in west campus. But it's only $5 a day to park on the street so it's not a big deal.

You have to walk a few blocks to get to food places on the drag because there isn't parking near them. But it's probably good to get some exercise after eating :P

Could be successful if given the tools or freedom

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I liked the people that I worked with, both upper management as well as employees.
    - Nice view of the lake.
    -The area manager Kirstin is an outstanding guy, who was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I will start by saying everyone, including the owners have strong moral values. They are good people. That being said, the owners are overwhelmed with the multiple businesses and projects that they have going. The owner decided he wanted to be the Director of Operations. He is trying to run the daily operations of 8 restaurants and 3 other businesses at the same time. He would never listen to the general manager who was there every day. No matter what great suggestions were brought to him that could possibly take the restaurant to another level, the answer was always, "No. In my 12 years I have found that won't work." The General Manager title seemed a little far fetched, when no one in that position was ever allowed to make decisions for the restaurant. Permission had to be granted to buy ink for the office computer or air fresheners for the bathroom.

My biggest complaint with the entire experience is TBS (tradelogic business solutions). This is one of the owner's companies and it is a software development company. They absolutely refuse to use any other software that could improve or make running a restaurant easier or more efficient. Their software for schedule making looks like something from 1992. To schedule that restaurant from scratch (75 employee) it would take about 45 minutes on hotschedules. Using their software it would take 4-6 hours, depending on how many times it crashed. There were constant glitches that would take weeks to get fixed. If someone wanted to swap a shift or request it off everything had to be done by paper. It was a constant struggle to use that software. It would be like trying to get on the internet and do research with a dial up modem. It caused me to spend countless hours buried in a computer instead of being on the floor trying to run a restaurant.

With 8 restaurants and 2 guys doing maintenance it is like pulling teeth to get anything fixed. There are serious structural and other issues that have been sitting as a maintenance ticket since early 2013.

I would adequately have our restaurant staffed and we would have an adequate amount of product. 3 times a week we would get a call from another restaurant begging for product or asking for us to send our employees over because they were so short staffed. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours is a great concept until it is please staff my restaurant every week. It was out of control.

Salary. When I was asked to be the general manager I was told about this great bonus structure that would make up for the salary being less than deserved. After 5 months I never received any information about it nor a cent. Same with my health insurance. I asked over and over again for information so I could get enrolled. Never received it. If you decide to work for this company be prepared to just say yes sir and have no opinion of your own. Also get EVERYTHING IN WRITING when it comes to salary.

The previous 2 or 3 GM's and KM's left after about 3 months as well. The turnover is crazy. It is a constant cycle.

Don't hire someone as a General Manager of a restaurant and then micromanage them. Listen to what they have to say. As crazy as it sounds they might have a different perspective that could be beneficial, you know since they are in the building 55-60 hours a week. STOP BUYING FAILING RESTAURANTS AND FOCUS ON THE FEW GOOD ONES YOU HAVE.

There are newer employer reviews for Tradelogic

Worked for Tradelogic? Contribute to the Community!