Not ready for the real world

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Operations run smoothly without management being directly involved
-Headquarters in beautiful Austin, TX
-Job security?

Cons

-Executive decisions without regard for concensus
-Poor communication
-Missing pay checks
-Hostile work environment
-Micro management
-Relying on past success to estimate future success in uncharted waters
-Nepotism
-Poorly documented or undocumented operations
-Lack of authority regarding prioritization
-Workplace performance issues are handled in an informal or unprofessional manner (verbally with no supporting evidence, in passing, water-cooler talk, etc)

-Listen to your employees; you pay them for their time, not to run on a script
-Stop hovering over the shoulders of your employees; if you can't trust them to work, why hire them at all?
-Actually read your email; self-explanatory
-Stop communicating everything via telephone regarding issues; it is impossible to keep everyone on the same page and there is no record, or maybe you don't want to keep a record
-Use the issue tracking system that is in place; want to know what people are working on? Use your available tools

Other Reviews for Tradelogic

Best work atmosphere and a lot to offer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tradelogic as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I've never had a job that was so laid back and enjoyable. I'm constantly given new tasks to improve our software that are challenging and entertaining. Biggest pro of all is the flexible work schedule for software developers. Once I got a key I could pretty much come and go as I pleased.

Best part of all was within the first two weeks my code was actually being used in the releases. I know there are lot of companies that only give interns basic grunt work that never sees the light of day. But at Tradelogic I'm given critical tasks that get released weekly.

The team dynamic here is also the best I've ever been apart of. The developers get a long really well and we get to joke around a lot while working. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

I also have learned more in the past several months than I have in the years that I've been programming and attending college. There usually isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new or get something extremely challenging and fun to work on/fix.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of parking because of where it is situated in west campus. But it's only $5 a day to park on the street so it's not a big deal.

You have to walk a few blocks to get to food places on the drag because there isn't parking near them. But it's probably good to get some exercise after eating :P

One of the most stressful work environments of my life.

Former Employee - Various  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Various in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero. There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

Where to begin? I worked in a few different hats for the company and overall felt used, underappreciated, stressed, underpaid and basically unhappy. I've delt with large corporations so I understand how they deal with order and communication. You wont find this here. This company tends to have an ongoing identity crisis, and they're money hungry so they're trying to build an empire but spreading themselves too thin. The people that try to help the "vision" end up getting taken advantage of. I worked there trying to move up, as I do at any place, to a position that I'm making a decent living and happy. I moved up into the worse 6 months of my life, where the rules changed on a daily basis and where upper management clucked like hens tearing apart everything I did.
    As for their restaurants, they don't have a standard when it comes to points of service, they're too money hungry (again) to commit time to develop quality training, they over work their managers and employees to the point where they often walk out, the turnover is worse then any place I've ever seen.
    I personally had a very big issue with getting my final paychecks, for over a month I tried getting my checks, calling and emailing, even showing up to their accounting department to no gratification. Finally I get my last paycheck to which was supposed to be well over half a grand for my hard work. But alas, it'd been deducted to less then a hundred dollars under the false accusation that I destroyed equipment. I never did such a thing and was horrified they'd go to that extreme for me quitting.

Take care of your employees. Work on the small details, it's what holds up the overall picture you're trying to create.

There are newer employer reviews for Tradelogic.

Worked for Tradelogic? Contribute to the Community!