Tradelogic

www.tradelogic.com
  www.tradelogic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tradelogic

Not ready for the real world

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Tradelogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Operations run smoothly without management being directly involved
-Headquarters in beautiful Austin, TX
-Job security?

Cons

-Executive decisions without regard for concensus
-Poor communication
-Missing pay checks
-Hostile work environment
-Micro management
-Relying on past success to estimate future success in uncharted waters
-Nepotism
-Poorly documented or undocumented operations
-Lack of authority regarding prioritization
-Workplace performance issues are handled in an informal or unprofessional manner (verbally with no supporting evidence, in passing, water-cooler talk, etc)

-Listen to your employees; you pay them for their time, not to run on a script
-Stop hovering over the shoulders of your employees; if you can't trust them to work, why hire them at all?
-Actually read your email; self-explanatory
-Stop communicating everything via telephone regarding issues; it is impossible to keep everyone on the same page and there is no record, or maybe you don't want to keep a record
-Use the issue tracking system that is in place; want to know what people are working on? Use your available tools

13 Other Employee Reviews for Tradelogic (View Most Recent)

Best work atmosphere and a lot to offer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tradelogic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I've never had a job that was so laid back and enjoyable. I'm constantly given new tasks to improve our software that are challenging and entertaining. Biggest pro of all is the flexible work schedule for software developers. Once I got a key I could pretty much come and go as I pleased.

Best part of all was within the first two weeks my code was actually being used in the releases. I know there are lot of companies that only give interns basic grunt work that never sees the light of day. But at Tradelogic I'm given critical tasks that get released weekly.

The team dynamic here is also the best I've ever been apart of. The developers get a long really well and we get to joke around a lot while working. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

I also have learned more in the past several months than I have in the years that I've been programming and attending college. There usually isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new or get something extremely challenging and fun to work on/fix.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of parking because of where it is situated in west campus. But it's only $5 a day to park on the street so it's not a big deal.

You have to walk a few blocks to get to food places on the drag because there isn't parking near them. But it's probably good to get some exercise after eating :P

I valued their logic and was optimistic to all ideas entirely, and pushed wholeheartedly until I felt like my self worth was more valuable.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Tradelogic

Pros

Upper management is on point with their ideas and how they put into words. With their beliefs.. It should work and everyone should be optimistic. It fuels you to continue to be a hard working individual because you believe in these guys and you want to back them.

Cons

The real gritty part would be running an establishment given unrealistic boundaries and limitations with what you're working with. I didn't have the necessary tools to drive us where we needed to be, wanted to be, could have been. More focus. More care. More trust. Most importantly, spend money and make more money. The restaurant/s you bought failed in the first place was because of lack of care and attention. All you have to do is give them that.

In addition, put yourself in a committed role in one of your establishments at a time and learn from them to make you a better leader and you will be able to push your company from 2.5 stars to 5. A leader is the first to jump into battle and show his team how to do it.

There are assets within your company that belittle themselves and hold off on what they can accomplish based on their pay. It's discouraging to them and the settle. It's honesty.

I believe in you and I hope you make a strong come back.

Although the company strives on throwback restaurants there is no way to defeat the future. It's inevitable and you have to learn to grow with the economy and what guests want. You have to innovate, keep up, and be unique. Spruce your restaurants up a bit and be proud of them whether you have to spend money. It's all worth it in the end. Take a breath, look, learn, and appreciate all of your restaurants for what they are and what they can be as diverse as they are. Lastly, be the face of a good company because it's what's deserved.

There are newer employer reviews for Tradelogic