Trader Joe's

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

good fallback job

Former Employee - Crew Member in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Crew Member in Portland, ME

I worked at Trader Joe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great flexibility, great health insurance, and some great coworkers. It was a great college job and a lot of times can be a really fun place to work. Customers actually were usually pretty great too because they were happy to be in the store.

Cons

your job is essentially taking something out of a box and putting it on the shelf and the company had become more and more corporate in the two years I worked there.

Fight the change to becoming a regular big box store

702 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

Awesome to work at with great base salary!

Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Oceanside, NY
    Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Oceanside, NY

I worked at Trader Joe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, staff training was excellent and the managers really want you to succeed!

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative

Good place to work, but it used to be a great place to work.

Current Employee - "Crew Member" in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - "Crew Member" in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun co-workers, good food, 10% discount, it will really help you get into shape. Customers are mostly nice, reasonable pay, GREAT benefits.

Cons

The company is definitely shifting gears. You hear about how happy the employees are which is because of how great the company was and how well we were treated. Like valued staff members. Now that is being chipped away at. The economy can be a good excuse but honestly what was a small personal company is now beginning to treat its employees like they work at Safeway. Raises are lower across the board. Fun really isn't encouraged. Employee tastings have all but disappeared. Prices for insurance has raised. Peoples strengths and weaknesses are ignored and people are really just cogs in the wheel now.

You keep taking things away, giving us less and expecting more and you can totally get away with it in this market. But crew- morale at my store and other stores has been at an all time low because of it. But you still expect the same amount and more out of it. You need to balance this better.

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's