Trader Joe's
www.traderjoes.com Monrovia, CA 5000+ Employees

Can't recommend to a freind anymore

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Prosco-workers are great. Customers know us by name and have sincere appreciation for the work we do. I've been with the company 7 years and MY pay is good. But they're cutting raises and hours, so it's no longer a good place to start a career. The owner died last year and it's been taken over by his kids. Most employees consider that the push for profits at any cost is them boosting it up for sale or a public offering.

ConsOur store is making the biggest profits in it's existence. But the mates and merchants want their bonus this year, and the only way to get them is to cut our hours. It's universal among the crew that we can't pay our bills, and several people's hours have been cut to where they've been dropped off of the insurance. So there's no point applying here unless you have another job and just want to pick up some extra pocket change. But keep in mind that it's hard labor. Many mates can't get the work done and just blame employees. Then they come down on us, denying us breaks and raises. Moral is the lowest I've seen in anywhere I've worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on your Captains and Mates. They make a lot of decisions that are problematical, and cover up from you.

There are newer reviews on Trader Joe's.

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trader Joe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trader Joe's CEO Dan Bane. All reviews posted anonymously by Trader Joe's employees.