Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com
  www.traderjoes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Very nice place to work but very hard work at times.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Long Island City, NY
Current Employee - Crew Member in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff, great benefits, fun atmosphere.

Cons

Very physically demanding and staff very young.

Take a few moments to explain how they want things done.

705 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

Fun. Physically demanding. Awesome environment.

Current Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be fun if you like to interact with people. Most crew members contribute a lot. The management is great. Very understanding group- a lot like family. They promote from within.

Cons

You won't get anything out of working here if you dislike excellent customer service. You need to be a kind person and very empathetic of other personalities. If you don't fit the mold, you won't get promoted. You need to be very even tempered and not get too involved in personal matters with the rest of the crew.

There should be a probational period. I've seen people get hired that should have been released after the first week. But the system won't let you. It keeps them in until a LOT of red tape is crossed- meanwhile morale is chipped because this person doesn't pull their weight. It can be incredibly frustrating. But it takes all kinds of kinds.

Great at first, but the managerial turnover rate leaves a bad taste

Current Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Trader Joe's part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment, most of my coworkers knew their jobs and the products. Mid-level management were courteous and helpful, and so was senior management when I started.

Cons

You're asked to know what is out of stock, but no time is provided to actually review the weekly bulletin that provides this information. I have been repeatedly lied to by management concerning my hours. They seem more willing to hire new people than to give veteran employees hours. Excuses are made to not give you a raise. Raises have been lowered, the reviews made more arbitrary and made less frequent since I started. Product often out of stock within days of introduction. Managerial turnover often leads crew confused as to what is expected of them. Schedules are posted on the Tuesday before the scheduled week at the earliest, making planning anything short-term impossible.

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's