Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com
  www.traderjoes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Hard work pays, it can be hard to avoid store politics

Current Employee - Part Timer in Pikesville, MD
Current Employee - Part Timer in Pikesville, MD

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

-Great health benefits
-Good for students, as a second job
-Fast paced environment, eclectic crew
-Workday varies between floor work and register

Cons

-Turnaround shifts!
-Store politics-- some people don't deserve the credit they get, and nobody in management puts them in their place

Recognize hard work, and note that the most charismatic individual may not be the most valuable to the crew. This should be reflected in reviews.

713 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

can be a great place to work for a part-time job

Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

decent starting pay, fun atmosphere, employee discounts, quick pace. there is never a dull moment. you can wear shorts to work

Cons

reviews can be very disappointing if you are expecting a big raise. i think they are out of touch with a living wage in this city. Scheduling is insane. open one day and close the next and then open again. apparently sleep is for the competition.

study what a living wage is for a part timer. rents should not be more than i can make in two weeks. what the heck is with scheduling turn arounds. my guess is that you want to make it impossible for your average worker to work two jobs which by the way is necessary for those of us at the lower level if we want to do more than just live paycheck to paycheck. ps stable schedules might even lower your workers comp bills because better sleep schedules should translate into fewer accidents.

it's cool if it's not forever.

Current Employee - Part Timer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Part Timer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

decent place to work if you're going to school. everything depends on who is the leader of your store. people are cool. management is great. food is good. benefits are excellent.

Cons

pay isn't good. can be some heavy lifting required at times. full time is the only way to make a living wage. if you do go full time, expect to have no life.

you're profitable, you don't need my feedback. i can quit.

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's