Trader Joe's
www.traderjoes.com Monrovia, CA 5000+ Employees

Pretty great place to work!

I have been working at Trader Joe's

ProsThe best thing is the commitment TJ's has to promote a sense of community between the Crew Members and our customers. We're encouraged to learn our customers names, and to engage them on the floor. The benefits TJ's offers to part-timers are better than I've received at full time jobs with large corporations. The work can be hard, yes, both physically and emotionally, but most days you leave feeling a sense of accomplishment.

ConsIt can be emotionally draining, dealing with some of the abuse the customers heap on us; and not all full-timers are as competent as others, so it can be a hit-or-miss some days, depending on who's "running the floor." Full-timers tend to play favorites, and if you're not a suck-up, you may not be on their favorites list.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm pretty happy with TJ's, and most customers are happy with us. Even on vacation, having dinner in Rome, I heard two American couples discussing Trader Joe's and how much they loved it!

Great Place to work and Shop!!!

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: The People, The Food and The Atmosphere!! Great scheduling and… Cons: I Only get to work 35 hrs a week usualy,… Advice to Senior Management: Remember.... The best way to raise sales is to take good care… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review of Trader Joe's employment

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: Health benefits, retirement fund, pay, room for advancement, relaxed atmosphere, flexibility, discount on food, mental and… Cons: Dealing with customers SO much can get overwhelming. Employees must constantly be 'on'… Advice to Senior Management: Part-timers should be able to review their management staff as well since… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Trader Joe's.

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trader Joe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trader Joe's CEO Dan Bane. All reviews posted anonymously by Trader Joe's employees.