There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Pretty great place to work!

Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

The best thing is the commitment TJ's has to promote a sense of community between the Crew Members and our customers. We're encouraged to learn our customers names, and to engage them on the floor. The benefits TJ's offers to part-timers are better than I've received at full time jobs with large corporations. The work can be hard, yes, both physically and emotionally, but most days you leave feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

It can be emotionally draining, dealing with some of the abuse the customers heap on us; and not all full-timers are as competent as others, so it can be a hit-or-miss some days, depending on who's "running the floor." Full-timers tend to play favorites, and if you're not a suck-up, you may not be on their favorites list.

Advice to Management

I'm pretty happy with TJ's, and most customers are happy with us. Even on vacation, having dinner in Rome, I heard two American couples discussing Trader Joe's and how much they loved it!

Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's

1. Great Place to work and Shop!!!

Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

The People, The Food and The Atmosphere!! Great scheduling and Wine and Food tastings weekly and employee Tastings every payday.

Cons

I Only get to work 35 hrs a week usualy, other than that I can't think of any thing else.

Advice to Management

Remember.... The best way to raise sales is to take good care of the customers we have, and attract new ones... a kinda sales "Kaizen"

2. Review of Trader Joe's employment

Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

Health benefits, retirement fund, pay, room for advancement, relaxed atmosphere, flexibility, discount on food, mental and physical job. Employees work all aspects of store, not just a cashier or stock position.

Cons

Dealing with customers SO much can get overwhelming. Employees must constantly be 'on' because of Trader Joe's high customer service, but can be lots of fun too.

Advice to Management

Part-timers should be able to review their management staff as well since part-timers pay increases are dependent upon scores by management. Only seems fair.