Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com

FAVORITISM GALORE

Part-time Crew (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits. You never have to go hungry on the job because there's always something to munch on... You can take up to a 3 week vacation - good schedule flexibility if you give enough notice of when you want time off.

ConsFavoritism is THE most negative thing that comes into play time and time again. It's true: if you don't play the game and suck up, you can be 'punished' by getting stuck on the register 5 hours daily. And they still expect you to be cheerful with every customer??! ! Review scoring can be totally biased towards the person, not on how they perform. Lack of positive reinforcement.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of times complaints from part-timers get 'pooh-poohed' by management. Take people more seriously when something bothers them and REALLY look into the root cause of the problem instead of considering them a pain! Limit register time to 4 hours - it will benefit the customer.

Decent but boring

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: The crew and customers are overall likable, fun people. It's nice to have a physical job and not sit behind a… Cons: Management and store changes - once you're full-time, you work for the company and can be transferred to nearby stores. It's very difficult to let… Advice to Senior Management: Make it easier to let poor performers go. Make it easier to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Going Downhill Fast

Sign Artist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: Trader Joe's offers decent pay compared to similar jobs in… Cons: I've worked at Trader Joe's for 4.5 years, and it's done a complete 180 in that time (at least in my region, anyway). At this… Advice to Senior Management: Treat crew members like human beings. I know many full timers are just reacting to pressure placed on them by the captain, and many captains… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Trader Joe's.

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!