Trader Joe's
www.traderjoes.com Monrovia, CA 5000+ Employees

Good company. Bad management

Part Time Crew Member (Current Employee)
Huntington Beach, CA

ProsThe pay at trader joes is very good. 2 reviews a year are a good thing as well as health insurance. The job is very easy for the pay received.

ConsTrader joes is a wonderful company, but they need to take a good look at who they are promoting, and who Is running the stores. It's very easy for a store to look good for 5 minutes when the regional comes in. The drama is not escapable. In my stores case it's the management that causes it. Feedback is horrendous and The management tends to either wait for your reviews or cut your hours before they give you feedback. The hours are inconsistent and can change drastically week to week. Especially if you are not a favorite. As with my store management is very unprofessional. And with the many complaints I've heard nothing has been done.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your workers do their job and go home. It shouldn't be as hard to avoid drama but it is when management causes it. Oh and don't take new hires if you can't give your current people hours.

super

Part-timer (Former Employee)
    Pikesville, MD

I worked at Trader Joe's

Pros: happy employees great communication great pay great benefits lots of opportunity to move up i… Cons: not very many cons. if you have a positive personality and… Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work. everyone at the pikesville store is top… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Disillusion to the masses

Crew Member (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: Most of the people you work with are moderately cool and talented. You get an hour lunch break, and a discount. Most of the food… Cons: Management is totally disorganized, and under qualified, never expect praise for the work you do. You get the feeling that you can always be… Advice to Senior Management: Actual training for your Full Timers, weed out the ones with personality disorders.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Trader Joe's.

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trader Joe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trader Joe's CEO Dan Bane. All reviews posted anonymously by Trader Joe's employees.