Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Absolutely the best retail Job, hands down

Former Employee - Crew Member in Brea, CA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Brea, CA

I worked at Trader Joe's

Pros

Everyone always asks why the employees are so happy at TJ's; it's because they treat their employees extremely well. Great pay, great benefits, and a great atmosphere to work in. Plus they sell delicious food at low prices, so you believe in the product you are selling - which makes the job easy! Best of all, you get pay reviews on a consistent schedule. I think this is key. You know where you stand at all times. They let you know the areas you need to improve, plus praise your areas of strengths, which motivates you to perform well. I can't say enough good things about this company. It's ideal for students because they work around your schedule and are very supportive. This job got me through my bachelors degree and masters degree. I have since left to enter my field of study, but I'll always be a loyal customer and proudly sing my praises of being a former employee.

Cons

I've worked at several different stores and sometimes, unfortunately, managers have their favorites and those individuals are given better shift preferences, but hey, that's true no matter where you work. As long as you work hard and prove yourself, I've found that in time you make it up the ladder no matter where you work within this company.

Management is slowly becoming more and more corporate as the years go on - just don't forget your carefree roots of being a laid back, non-beurocratic company - its what made you great!!!

775 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

There are three things you need when you punch in. Name badge, cutter and FUN!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Trader Joe's

Pros

There are so many good reasons. Everybody does everything. You rarely get bored. Customers are usually great because they enjoy the shopping experience. Food and wine tasting occur weekly,to help with product knowledge.

Cons

Managment gets moved around at least once a year which sometimes can be difficult,having to break your new bosses.

Good

Current Employee - Crew Member in Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

They treat crew members great and allow for time off when needed. Flexible schedule good pay and allow for advancement within the company.

Cons

Very physically demanding job very customer service oriented work alot of hours. Nothing else notable that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's