Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com
  www.traderjoes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's

Great place to shop, not a great place to work.

Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Crew Member in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

Great pay and great benefits. The training, at least when I started, was better than any I received at other retail jobs. There are also a lot of opportunities for fun with coworkers and bonding. The food is great and the discount is nice.

Cons

You most likely will get injured. Most of the people in my store have gotten injured at some point, including myself. Hours are highly variable and advancement is dependent upon favoritism rather than hard work. Management turnover compounds these problems.

Regionals should pay more surprise visits rather than announcing their arrival to the Captain if they want to get a true idea of how their stores are really looking and running. Listen to part-timers since they have less of a vested interest in telling you what you want to hear and more motivation to be honest.

712 Other Employee Reviews for Trader Joe's (View Most Recent)

There are three things you need when you punch in. Name badge, cutter and FUN!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Trader Joe's

Pros

There are so many good reasons. Everybody does everything. You rarely get bored. Customers are usually great because they enjoy the shopping experience. Food and wine tasting occur weekly,to help with product knowledge.

Cons

Managment gets moved around at least once a year which sometimes can be difficult,having to break your new bosses.

Good

Current Employee - Crew Member in Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros

They treat crew members great and allow for time off when needed. Flexible schedule good pay and allow for advancement within the company.

Cons

Very physically demanding job very customer service oriented work alot of hours. Nothing else notable that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Trader Joe's