Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com

Great place to shop, not a great place to work.

Crew Member (Current Employee) West Hartford, CT

ProsGreat pay and great benefits. The training, at least when I started, was better than any I received at other retail jobs. There are also a lot of opportunities for fun with coworkers and bonding. The food is great and the discount is nice.

ConsYou most likely will get injured. Most of the people in my store have gotten injured at some point, including myself. Hours are highly variable and advancement is dependent upon favoritism rather than hard work. Management turnover compounds these problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegionals should pay more surprise visits rather than announcing their arrival to the Captain if they want to get a true idea of how their stores are really looking and running. Listen to part-timers since they have less of a vested interest in telling you what you want to hear and more motivation to be honest.

There are three things you need when you punch in. Name badge, cutter and FUN!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Trader Joe's

Pros: There are so many good reasons. Everybody does everything. You rarely get bored. Customers are usually… Cons: Managment gets moved around at least once a year which… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good

Crew Member (Current Employee) Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Trader Joe's

Pros: They treat crew members great and allow for time off when… Cons: Very physically demanding job very customer service oriented work alot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Trader Joe's.

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!