Tradesmen International

www.tradesmeninternational.com

Very Disappointing Experience

Territory Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe initial training is in depth and very intense, although two weeks was a bit of overkill. I understand that this has been pared down to 1 week.

ConsIf you are into a used car type of sales "technique" , this is the company for you. Very archaic in their tracking of prospects and current clients, basically NO CRM. Everything is hand written and there are NO records of calls, etc. within a territory, so you basically start from scratch when you are hired. Very little assistance from "management" other than pestering you constantly for better numbers. It takes time to build relationships but this company HAS NO CLUE what that means and doesn't give the territory reps a chance to develop any type of relationship due to their ever incessant quest for money. While I understand that it is important to turn a profit, they take money from the very Sales Force that is out there beating the streets to overcome a very negative opinion of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop Management needs to spend some time in the field and re-learn what it takes to qualify prospects and build a client relationship. There are so many "know it all" Area Managers that are always telling their "underlings" about how well they did, but NEVER demonstrate HOW they did it. The company concept is great but the service delivery is very poor. It is apparent that upper management doesn't have a clue as to the real world anymore.

Also, take a look at how sales is screwed when National Accounts don't pay on time and how corporate just takes the commission due when there is NOTHING that can be done to collevt on a local level.

Joe, sell the company to a corporation or someone capable of taking this to a far better company than you are capable of. You will NEVER reach the goals you aspire to by treating your employees the way you and the top staff do.

Again, a real shame, great concept and very poor delivery. I'm sorry I wasted part of my life working for this company.

Lack of honesty and below average pay

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time for more than a year

Pros: people you work with, nothing else Cons: limited personal interaction, company views their employees as numbers and not actual people, bonus pay is non-existant, high employee turnover, hardcore republican views are basically… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest with people when they interview with your company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good staball company but lacks pay for field reps.

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: putting people to work, fun environment, meeting new people, not… Cons: low salary pay according to market, very poor vehicle allowance, mileage reports is a waste… Advice to Senior Management: raise salaries another 10k, give back 5% commissions taken away from us 2 years ago, raise car allowances to 500.00 plus .20cents per mile to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tradesmen International.

Worked for Tradesmen International? Contribute to the Community!