Great college employment.

Former Employee - Valet Supervisor  in  Eden Prairie, MN
Former Employee - Valet Supervisor in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Tradition Valet

Pros

Flexible job perfect for college work. Great it you love car because you get to drive very nice cars.

Cons

Work nights go very late, sometimes til 3in the morning. Employers were sketchy with compensation. A lot of running so good shoes were replaced every other month.

Be open and fair with compensation and make an effort to reward employees that did their job great. Be smart about employee rights.

Other Reviews for Tradition Valet

It was fun as i was young, but very soon after became dull and boring.

Current Employee - Shift Lead  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Tradition Valet

Pros

It is incredibly easy to be hired. The day i was hired when they photocopy your id, mine was actually expired. You advance in the company to shift lead with what seems like no effort whatsoever. You get to hangout with buddies while you work and great tips at certain places as they are not taxed.

Cons

My friend got termimated from their for not wearing a traditon valet cap in the middle of 10 degree weather. Once your a shift lead their are no advancement opportunities. Its not very safe and if their was a thief looking for a car it would be very easy to obtain and the blame would be on you. The main office and manager on duty never answer their phones so your on your own a lot. Also most accounts are outside, so working in the winter with the tickets can get you extremely cold.

Offer rewards for good behavior as well as more advancement opportunities. Get the management in the office to be more competent and available. Lastly, improve the qualifications it takes to be hired. Every new employee is an 18 year old senior that doesnt care let alone know how to drive a stick.

Good part-time job for someone who needs flexibility

Former Employee - Valet Attendant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Tradition Valet

Pros

The company offers online scheduling and publishes the schedule three weeks out. This was great because I could plan my life, school and other job around my work schedule. Taking time off was easy, it never got rejected. A few times something came up for me last minute and I was able to trade out of my shift pretty easily. Driving cool cars is fun, never thought that I would ever get to drive a Bentley or Range Rover. Cash is great, usually on a Friday or Saturday downtown I would walk away with more than $60 cash if I was closing runner. Very laid back work environment, managers give employees freedom to do their own thing.

Cons

The uniform in the summer is hot, they don't allow you to wear shorts, and the jacket they give you for the winter isn't exactly thick. Turnover is pretty high, guys are constantly getting fired or quitting. This job doesn't provide health benefits and there really isn't any room to move up after becoming a shift lead.

Allow your senior employees to work the best accounts, terminate bad employees faster and reward the employees that do the right thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Tradition Valet.

Worked for Tradition Valet? Contribute to the Community!