Traeger Pellet Grills

www.traegergrills.com
  www.traegergrills.com
There are newer employer reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills

It had been a rewarding experience!!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Springville, UT
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have earned a lot of money selling a product I love and actually use!! It's not hype!! And people love there traegers!! I have learned a lot about myself and feel that I will be better for having this job at this point in my life. U could not be in a better place selling retail. Costcos have the best customers.

Cons

Being on the road away from family..

74 Other Employee Reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills (View Most Recent)

A growing company with growing opportunities for growing individuals

Current Employee - National Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - National Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Above all, this company cares about its employees. I have been with the company for 2.5 years and have never felt more appreciated and challenged in the same environment. Coming from a grass roots sales background, it's hard to find a company that isn't trying to get over on sales reps in some way. Since I have been here, commissions and expectations have never changed, I have had the opportunity to grow within the ranks, and I have truly grown in my profession. We undoubtedly have a product that is second to none and a religious customer following that takes the threat of competition out of the picture for the sales reps. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR? I am extremely pleased overall and am excited to see how this company develops in the next few years.

Cons

Traeger's greatest strength is also its greatest challenge. THE COMPANY IS GROWING EXTREMELY FAST. The company has experienced a 300% profit growth in the last four years but with that comes growing pains. Sometimes there are new programs developing and changing so fast that communication can get lost between key departments. Therefore, problems are sometimes handled in a reactive manner as opposed to proactively. That frustration may sometimes trickle down to many individuals within the company. Also, the schedule is very demanding. It is truly 10 days away from home and working 12 hours a day with full intensity in a hotel that is not the best in the city. However, I knew all of those things when I signed on the dotted line.

1. There are many opportunities to advance but they are not promoted properly. If there were clear guidelines on expectations for advancement and benefits thereof, I think more people would step up and become overachievers. 2.The initial training is great and extensive but I would love to see more ongoing training that is just as effective for seasoned sales reps. 3. Communicate about issues that will affect sales reps in an open and proactive environment. Maybe create "think tank" teams that dialogue about issues as they arise, strategize solutions and approach, and then communicate that to the masses. 4. Quarterly meetings with representatives from recruiting, sales, logistics, travel, inventory,management, and marketing would help each department understand their role as changes arise due to growing pains. 5. Lastly, an elite club for the best sales professionals that will allow them to get together once a year to be recognized, developed as leaders, and congregate to get to know one another personally since they never get to see one another.

I love what I do and who I work for

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay. Amazing product. Challenging work, but that is what I signed up for. It's part of what I love about what I do. This is a constantly changing environment/pace for any sales professional.

Cons

The company seems to be growing faster than it's able to keep up with so communication seems to get lost at times.

increase communication.