Traeger Pellet Grills

www.traegergrills.com
  www.traegergrills.com
There are newer employer reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills

TRAEGER SUCKS......if you're looking for a cushy, laid back sales gig.....

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like many of the other positive reviews have said.....
It's hard work....you're held accountable....you're rewarded for hitting your goals, and forgotten about, if you show an extended trend towards failure. It can seem "zero-to-hero/hero-to-zero" to some.....

The $$ is there....oh yes indeed....it's there, but there is a price to pay to be a sales hero with Traeger....

-You must work very hard...for 10 days straight/10-12 hours a day. You must be on top of your game every minute of every day.
-The company has lofty sales goals, and some shows are much easier than others. If you preform...you will get more premium shows.....as well as advancement opportunities, and earn a six-figure income.

-The company doesn't want excuses, and expects you to preform.......period. You're sick...under the weather....working at a slower location.....family issues. Just keep it to yourself....keep moving....

-You will be on the road for 6 months(10 days on/10 off)....you will miss you're family....they will miss you too. You will sleep...eat...work....eat....repeat. Not alot of time for phone calls, or catching up with your family or friends while at a show.

-You will make $$$ and be a great family provider during the 6 months you're home. It's like vacation time every 10 days. My family and I have fished and camped more during in the year that I have been with Traeger, than I ever did in my 40 years of life on this planet.

- This is like sales Marines....it's too" hard-core" for most sales people....all of the top sales reps here are hardcore....seriously intense.

If you're thinking " I was the top sales guy on top grossing car lot...3 years in a row...I'm hardcore...". You're soft.....compared the the elite sales-reps here.....

I really love my job/career with Traeger. It's high pressure....but low pressure at the same time. You're playing on peoples emotions.....and selling them a product they will really LOVE....in 3 mins....for 10 days straight.

Cons

As above.....so below.
No Health insurance.....

We need HEALTH INSURANCE!!!!

Jul 16, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for the review and comments you've made. The sales team we have at Traeger really is an elite force. We take training seriously to ensure our sales team is the best there is.
A proper
... More

70 Other Employee Reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills (View Most Recent)

It's not for everyone, but it's for me... and I love it.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is looking for the most talented and hard-working salespeople in the country. They are upfront and honest with you from the very beginning that if you don't hit your numbers, you won't make it. The reality is that you could go through months of training and then crash and burn once you get out on your own. It' not glamorous or easy, and not everyone can do it. The job requires you to be on the road for 10 or more days at a time and it's very physically and mentally draining. Some of the negative reviews on here seem to be bitter former salespeople who were cut from the team because they didn't perform. That's the nature of this type of business, and if you can't accept that, you need to find another industry. I hear McDonald's is always hiring.

Traeger salespeople are well rewarded for our hard work. The pay is excellent (personally I am projecting I'll make 150-200k by the end of the year), travel expenses are completely covered, management is great, top performers are acknowledged, weekly conference calls and a forum keep the team cohesive, informed, and competitive. But for me the icing on the cake is our 10 days off after each show. This gives us plenty of time to spend with family and friends, plan vacations, and pursue our passions and interests. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cons

The job is extremely demanding. Mentally and physically. But I guess that's not really a con for me, I enjoy the challenge. If you go into training mentally prepared and know what to expect, you'll greatly increase your chances of success.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Although it would be awesome if they doubled the hotel budget :)

Jul 30, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for this great review. We appreciate all the hard work you put in and based off your projections, it sounds like that hard work is paying off. This is a very demanding job and can be a ... More

awesome possum

Current Employee - Trainer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Trainer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- the MONEY. (it's up to you how much you make)
    - the SCHEDULE. (10 days of hard work, 10 days with zero work)
    - the PROFESSIONAL and PERSONAL GROWTH. (this job is a mirror. if you don't like what you see, there's something lacking within you. if you do like what you see, well done.....you earned it. there are also opportunities for advancement when you perform.)
    - NO POLITICS. (there's no seniority. if you perform, you get better earning opportunities. if you slack off, your opportunities aren't as good. Also, being in a new environment every 10 days, there's no time for typical office drama.)
    - ACCESSIBILITY TO UPPER MANAGEMENT. (you can talk to anyone in this company, not just your direct boss -- other reps for support, travel and office support staff, VP of sales, CEO, etc. everyone is there for you and is constantly offering support. you simply have to initiate conversation and they listen. very cool for a company this size.)
    - NO RESPONSIBILITY other than to sell. (all travel arrangements are booked and the travel department is awesome and accessible 24/7. all your sales are tracked and double checked. I've even had accounting correct mistakes they make in my favor without me even having to ask. your inventory is tracked and sent for you before you even have to ask. your schedule is set and all those arrangements are made. you literally just have to show up and sell. and there's ZERO follow up - major plus for the majority of sales people!)
    - they VALUE EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK. (they regularly send us surveys asking how to improve things for us. when you have 70 - 100 reps all over the country and people rarely talk, it's hard to gather information or discover trends. they do their best to stay in the loop and make things better for us.)

Cons

- No Benefits (although with the money we make, it's not a huge deal)
    - Lack of STRUCTURED ongoing training
    - very low end hotels (it's nice we don't have to arrange it and that the company pays for it because not all industries like this do, but the places we stay are usually pretty gross)

- Would love to see annual or bi-annual training for established reps.
    - Presidents Club for top performers
    - A way to earn benefits after a set period of time and/or performance (e.g. after 6 months or a year, if you've hit x-dollars or x- percentage you are entitled to health benefits or a $25/night increase in hotel per diem)

Jul 18, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!

There are newer employer reviews for Traeger Pellet Grills