Tragus
www.tragusgroup.com London, United Kingdom 50 to 149 Employees

Working here is satisfying, but room for improvement when company policy is passed down to individual management.

Front of House Staff (Current Employee)
Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England (UK)

ProsCommitment to training in theory is very good and there is a strong base to this, not always followed through in practise. Cleanliness and professionalism are big pros in this restaurant business.

ConsCommunication from higher management is not always in touch witht he needs of individual premises. Communication from higher management can appear haphazard, not fully thought through, frequently changes, and doesn't always translate into good implementation by my immediate management. I would benefit from more specific training. I have previously been full time, now part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage constructive criticism from all levels of staff. Encourage respect from all staff towards all staff.

Good working environment, bad company politics

FOH (Former Employee)

I worked at Tragus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fantastic team, good staff food, 50% discount at all Tragus restaurants, comfortable working atmosphere, nice,… Cons: Frequent changes to rotas, mostly because an area manager does not approve the wage costs, he does that to get his bonus, but the restaurant… Advice to Senior Management: Change the structure of bonuses earned by senior management, you're harming your own business and yet you're happy to pay for it. Rethink the discounts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very Bad Company

Brtender (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Tragus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: no pros. this company has to shut down Cons: Bad Money, Bad Management, Bad Culture, Bad Investment No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tragus.

Worked for Tragus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tragus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tragus CEO John Derkach. All reviews posted anonymously by Tragus employees.