TrailersPlus
www.trailersplus.com Nampa, ID 150 to 499 Employees

Extremely Poor Management and Ownership

Sales Person (Current Employee)
Nampa, ID

ProsGood Hours
Quality Product
They do have a $10 per hour base pay + commissions.
I really like the guys I work with. That is the only reason I haven't left.

ConsMicro-management at the GREATEST EXTENT. You have to write and re-write all of your customer interactions and then enter the same information into the computer system.
You have to write down and track every minute of your day....seriously....every minute.
I have sold a lot of trailers for this company. They are always looking for a way to keep the money and squeeze the salesman out of the deal.
Any "problems" that arise at the store (break ins, damaged equipment, maintenance) are paid for with the store bonus pool....which means you don't get any of the extra money you worked to earn.
They place no value on the employees they have. "If you don't like the way things are, then you can leave." That is a quote from one of the highest ranking managers in the company, as well as the opinion of the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your buddies, with NO experience, to run things. You have well qualified staff already available.
Stop hiring plant employees to run a sales force. They are clueless as to what is necessary to make a sale happen.
Pay your employees the money you claim to pay. You already make us nickle and dime the customer....don't nickle and dime us.

Inept Management, Micro-managed employees

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at TrailersPlus

Pros: Regular business hours - open Monday through Saturday with one… Cons: Extremely micro-managed & ridiculous amounts of pointless paperwork - Each time we talk to a customer, either on the phone or on the lot, we have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Replacable

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at TrailersPlus full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can be good money if in the right market. No two… Cons: high turnover, employees are cogs in the wheel and not valued. what have you done for… Advice to Senior Management: treat employees as assets and realize how hard they work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TrailersPlus.

Worked for TrailersPlus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TrailersPlus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TrailersPlus CEO Michael Snow . All reviews posted anonymously by TrailersPlus employees.