There are newer employer reviews for Trak Companies

Ok

Current Employee - Temp in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Temp in McLean, VA

I have been working at Trak Companies

Pros

It is a typical temping agency

Cons

low pay
only call for temporary opportunities that don't overlap with what you want to do

typical

13 Other Employee Reviews for Trak Companies (View Most Recent)

Great team and room for growth!

I have been working at Trak Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am in the Records & Library brand of TRAK. The biggest pro is that there is a lot of opportunities in terms of learning and development, and there is always someone who is happy to answer questions or explain something to you.

The team is super supportive, and I was very surprised to see the level of sharing that occurs. While recruiters are certainly territorial about their candidates, management recently put rules into place about candidate ownership, and that has helped a lot. I have had a million questions about procedures and stuff, and I've never once had a BD or upper management not take the time to help me. The team have become my friends, and my boss is someone I greatly respect and admire, and we've become friends outside of the context of work. Honestly, I've been in sales for a really long time before being a Recruiter, and I was surprised at the lack of a cutthroat atmosphere. Management really encourages us to share and get along, and does commissions and splits in a way that discourages being competitive and cutthroat with each other.

I love that upper management doesn't micromanage! I have a level of autonomy that all of my friends are jealous of. I have the freedom to do my job as I think best and as long as I am hitting my goals and doing what needs to get done, I know that that will continue.

One of the things I am happiest with is that I am able to change and grow my job responsibilities easily. I take the initiative and do what needs to get done, and I can see it making a difference in my branch. The fact is, we're a small company and a small-ish team, so I am able to immediately see and feel my contribution to the company as a whole every time I get new job orders or make a placement!

We have these occasional internal competitions and the prizes are always pretty great!

The amount of vacation days we get is great! And upper management is super flexible about us taking time off when we need it, or working out of one of our other office locations.

The commission is good.

Cons

While the initial training is not the most robust, I've already seen things put in place to improve it in my time here and it continues to get better.

There is pretty consistent recruiter turnover. In my experience, this is very common for recruiting agencies, especially since we hire a lot of recruiters right out of college, but it still bums me out for people to leave after we become friends!

All they care about is their finder's fee.

Former Employee - Contactor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contactor in Washington, DC

I worked at Trak Companies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They found me a job in my field extremely quickly.
    The pay was decent.
    The interview process was not drawn out.
    Quick cash.

Cons

The staff is not transparent at all. If you work there as a contractor, they will lie to both you and the Client in order to keep their commission. Very, very shady.

Don't lie to your contractors.

There are newer employer reviews for Trak Companies