TransAlta
www.transalta.com Calgary, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Company seems to flounder

Engineer (Current Employee)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsGood vacation and decent salary, work can be interesting and the atmosphere is mostly pretty relaxed

ConsPoor leadership, lack of direction and focus on trivia rather than technical issues. Purchasing is cumbersom. Poor adaptation of technology to improve work efficiency - Lots of paper documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a few million getting your house in order, proper PM development and efficency improvement programs i.e. searcheble electronic databases for equipment.

Terrible Company

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at TransAlta

Pros: - competitive salary - good benefit package Cons: - CEO is incompetent and has no understanding of how to run… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a new CEO, she doesn't know what she is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A learning experience that was both good and bad

Administrative Support (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at TransAlta

Pros: Health and pension plan benefits are competitive Salaries are decent if you are hired as a new employee but… Cons: Low employee morale in every department which can be seen by… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate, communicate, communicate. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TransAlta.

Worked for TransAlta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransAlta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransAlta CEO Dawn Farrell. All reviews posted anonymously by TransAlta employees.