TransAm Trucking
www.transamtruck.com Olathe, KS 500 to 999 Employees

Do not lease from TransAm. Better yet, just steer clear.

Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at TransAm Trucking

ProsI cannot think of any good reason to work for this company. They were polite and professional, but "nice" does not put money in your bank account.

ConsMy truck had problems from day 1 of my lease. The time it spent in the shop combined with the incompetence of the planning & dispatch and the weekly lease payments added up to zero income for this lease driver. I also heard many, many, numerous sad stories from other lease drivers while I was stuck at the yard for repairs, not enough miles, going broke. After they lease you a truck, and not making enough money, they persuade you to become a driver trainer. Then you can team drive with your student driver (I know, I did it as a trainee) and make an adequate income. The student gets (I think) minimum wage while out with the driver trainer. I made more money this way than as a driver. I hope you are not reading this too late!! Steer clear of this outfit.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what all of your problems are, but I can say this from my experience: I sat too long waiting to deliver, sat in the boondocks waiting to be dispatched, sat on the phone waiting on hold, and my lease truck broke down a lot. It don't get any worse than this. Poor planning, poor dispatching, poor equipment. I will never forget what TransAm did to me for as long as I live.

My experience has been very good as a lease driver

Lease Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at TransAm Trucking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good equipment, give me enough miles generally , dm is… Cons: Trucks are slow, sometimes put on hold- especially at night Advice to Senior Management: Need better phone system Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't sign Lease

OTR Driver (Current Employee)
Olathe, KS

I have been working at TransAm Trucking full-time for less than a year

Pros: Constant work, ok company to start with if you have… Cons: Most trailers I came across had DOT violations and needed repairs. I lost a lot of time waiting to fix broken equipment. The company is… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the Cons, When I at TransAm 9 out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TransAm Trucking.

Worked for TransAm Trucking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransAm Trucking reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransAm Trucking CEO John Jacobson Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by TransAm Trucking employees.