TransAm Trucking

www.transamtruck.com
  www.transamtruck.com
There are newer employer reviews for TransAm Trucking

Do not lease from TransAm. Better yet, just steer clear.

Former Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS

I worked at TransAm Trucking

Pros

I cannot think of any good reason to work for this company. They were polite and professional, but "nice" does not put money in your bank account.

Cons

My truck had problems from day 1 of my lease. The time it spent in the shop combined with the incompetence of the planning & dispatch and the weekly lease payments added up to zero income for this lease driver. I also heard many, many, numerous sad stories from other lease drivers while I was stuck at the yard for repairs, not enough miles, going broke. After they lease you a truck, and not making enough money, they persuade you to become a driver trainer. Then you can team drive with your student driver (I know, I did it as a trainee) and make an adequate income. The student gets (I think) minimum wage while out with the driver trainer. I made more money this way than as a driver. I hope you are not reading this too late!! Steer clear of this outfit.

Not sure what all of your problems are, but I can say this from my experience: I sat too long waiting to deliver, sat in the boondocks waiting to be dispatched, sat on the phone waiting on hold, and my lease truck broke down a lot. It don't get any worse than this. Poor planning, poor dispatching, poor equipment. I will never forget what TransAm did to me for as long as I live.

21 Other Employee Reviews for TransAm Trucking (View Most Recent)

A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Olathe, KS

I have been working at TransAm Trucking full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am surprised at all of the negative reviews and only makes me think that people who have bad things to say are the only ones who will say anything. So I am writing to give a different viewpoint. I have worked at TransAm Truck for a little over 3 years and work with a great bunch of people. It's fast paced environment and I have learned so much.

Cons

It's out in Olathe and I live in North KC. The drive can be tricky down i-35. And better raises.

Say thanks more!

it was great

Current Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS

I have been working at TransAm Trucking

Pros

great advancment options and loved the company

Cons

dont think i had any

none