There are newer employer reviews for TransAm Trucking

Do not lease from TransAm. Better yet, just steer clear.

Former Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Driver in Olathe, KS

I worked at TransAm Trucking

Pros

I cannot think of any good reason to work for this company. They were polite and professional, but "nice" does not put money in your bank account.

Cons

My truck had problems from day 1 of my lease. The time it spent in the shop combined with the incompetence of the planning & dispatch and the weekly lease payments added up to zero income for this lease driver. I also heard many, many, numerous sad stories from other lease drivers while I was stuck at the yard for repairs, not enough miles, going broke. After they lease you a truck, and not making enough money, they persuade you to become a driver trainer. Then you can team drive with your student driver (I know, I did it as a trainee) and make an adequate income. The student gets (I think) minimum wage while out with the driver trainer. I made more money this way than as a driver. I hope you are not reading this too late!! Steer clear of this outfit.

Advice to Management

Not sure what all of your problems are, but I can say this from my experience: I sat too long waiting to deliver, sat in the boondocks waiting to be dispatched, sat on the phone waiting on hold, and my lease truck broke down a lot. It don't get any worse than this. Poor planning, poor dispatching, poor equipment. I will never forget what TransAm did to me for as long as I live.

reviews filtered by
  1. Okay place to work as long as you are good with management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I worked at TransAm Trucking full-time

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and great pay if you are willing to put in 60 hour weeks. Growing company and forward thinking.

Cons

Large workload for staff. High demands. Some management used to cuss out employees. Family of owner and upper management given a lot of higher level responsibility without working up through the company and no real background.

Advice to Management

Consistency

2. Not a bad company if you don't do the lease program.

I have been working at TransAm Trucking

Pros

It's a good starter trucking company. All of there trucks are automatic.

Cons

Poor communication. Dispatch doesn't like to answer the phone. They push the lease very hard.

Advice to Management

Need a better way to communicate to drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for TransAm Trucking