TransCanada
www.transcanada.com Calgary, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

My experieince at TransCanada is good

Senior IS Integration & Control Specialist (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at TransCanada full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, great work & life balance, and good people to work with

ConsPromotion is not based on performance, rather seniority. Pay is not tied to performance. Unnecessary need to use team leads that adds another layer to business processes. No minority member of the executive leadership team, not even in the Director position, VP, Senior VPs, or Executive Leadership Team (it's still a white man's world at TransCanada).

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate team leads, we're are all professionals and not high school student at a grocery store that needs someone to push us around and monitor our actions. Delegate and people will more than deliver. Hire or promote a minority member to the executive leadership team. Tie pay and promotion to performance not Seniority.

Have a lot of work ahead of them

Analyst (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at TransCanada full-time for less than a year

Pros: Their pay is great, nice offices, vision for the future… Cons: Poor management, office atmosphere is stifling, management has clear favorites that they single out regularly and the rest are practically ignored. Those individuals new… Advice to Senior Management: Better train your management in the Houston office. Work on your office culture in the Houston office. Encourage the management in the Houston… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard to be female here and progress in your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at TransCanada

Pros: Benefits are much better than most places, the more progressive… Cons: Energy is in general is a male dominated industry. This was particularly true in the Portland office of TransCanada. Golfing was… Advice to Senior Management: Address equality and sensitivity issues more seriously Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TransCanada.

Worked for TransCanada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransCanada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransCanada CEO Russell K. (Russ) Girling. All reviews posted anonymously by TransCanada employees.