It is what you make of it... Good company overall.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Broomfield, CO
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at TransFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Decent Salary and great benefits at low expense to employee
-Strong company with a history of achieving goals (growth, systems advancement etc.)
-Excellent US service 24/7/365 (large operation center in Broomfield, no outsourced service)
-Great co-workers
-Great initiative by management to differentiate the company in the marketplace
-Good work/life balance
-Company puts focus on competent employees and for the most part doesn't work them to the bone. If you're competent you'll succeed (I don't agree with other review that says you'll succeed only if you're favored.)
-High retention of employees, the good ones stick around, helps keep knowledge within the company. Combined years of experience in merchant services throughout the company is incredible.
-Organization cares about employees and surrounding community

Overall I am proud of the company I work for and hope to be here for many more years to come. Every organization has it's downside, but if they attempt to correct their issues that's what matters. I feel that TransFirst does a good job of rectifying negative situations. I love the people I work with. I know that there are other groups within the industry outside of mine who might feel differently, but I have wound up with a great team and in a division with strong, positive leadership.

Cons

-Lack of initial training, getting better but still lacking - heave heard employees say they felt "thrown to the wolves." Too much emphasis on online training system instead of organized training in the operations positions. Great training for AE's and other sales positions.
-Salary wise, company tends to bring you in low and you can get stuck there if you're not familiar with fair salary for similar position or have enough brawn to fight for what you are worth.
-A few "bad apples" in exective management that taint the atmosphere in Broomfield.
-Hiring/recruiting has improved but seems there have been quite a few bad hires in the past (how do these people get through?) There is a PRO to this though, the bad hires are typically are weeded out within a few months, but it can bring down the team and the company when these bad hires are made.

-Communication with those under executive team can at times be lacking. Before rolling out initiatives it would be nice that they're fully communicated in advance to those impacted.

-Some executive management team should be replaced / rotated out. There are a handful of fear based managers that spoil the positive morale in the organization.

-More recognition to operational employees is needed. While sales positions keep us all in business, they're high rewarded where as operational employees tend to feel left out for giving as much if not more effort to maintain and service the business already on the books.

Other Reviews for TransFirst

It is what you make of it

Current Employee - Programmer II  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Programmer II in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at TransFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are motivated and have the right attitude, TransFirst can be a great place to work. The opportunities are endless. There are opportunities for career growth and advancement, as well as opportunities to work with the latest technologies.

Cons

Every company has its cons. The best advice I can give to a potential job seeker is to talk to the employees and decide for yourself if it is a good fit for you. The negative nancies and underachievers who previously posted are the in minority. It is time to put up or shut up.

Promote the open door policy.

First hand knowledge and not part of HR

Current Employee - Shared Services  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Shared Services in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at TransFirst full-time

Pros

Decent salary. Flexible work schedule and work from home option.

Cons

There are some bad apples within upper management that create a hostile work environment. Only favored employes are promoted or presented with opportunities for advancement. Executive leadership is not in touch with the employees.

Upper management, show employees they are appreciated through daily or weekly interaction. Get in touch with your biggest asset, the employees. Employees have ideas and want to feel proud of their work and know they are appreciated for contributing to the company's success. Eliminate sick time and offer a comprehensive PTO package.

There are newer employer reviews for TransFirst.

Worked for TransFirst? Contribute to the Community!