Transgroup

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TransGroup Worldwide Logistics

Pros

midsize company, privately owned, good IT integration

Cons

operates like a franchise, questionable skill set in international operations, CEO squeezes last penny out of the stations, poor compensation, no training opportunities

start paying people what they are worth

Other Reviews for TransGroup Worldwide Logistics

International Side (Transfair)

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at TransGroup Worldwide Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Co-workers (see 'advice to management below)
    - Compensation (generous raises if you are growing with the company and interested in being an asset to them and eager to learn)
    - Office culture (at least in the international side, the domestic side seemed a little disgruntled but it may have just been the stress?)
    - Opportunities to grow (if you show you are reliable and eager to learn the doors are pretty wide open)
    - The owner of the international side of the company has high expectations but gives you the tools and information you need to achieve those results.

Cons

- A few key departments (accounting/domestic) have some downer attitudes (I wasn't in that department so it wasn't a huge issue). (the only reason I put culture & values at 4/5 stars)
    - It looks like, as you get higher up, its a pretty demanding job (company phone, weekend/after hours emails, etc.) but that is pretty standard in the logistics field. (only reason I put work/life balance at a 4/5 stars)

At least as of 2012/2013 (just in case management has changed) International owner (Mr. Vernoy), Executive Director of Ops, Manager Corporate Operations, General Manager Regulatory Affairs, Risk Management Administrator and National Ocean Freight Manager were all top notch people to work with and I would gladly work for them again.

There are newer employer reviews for TransGroup Worldwide Logistics.

Worked for TransGroup Worldwide Logistics? Contribute to the Community!