A True Meritocracy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TransPerfect Translations has given me the opportunity to promote change, to grow and develop the skills I need to succeed and to be a part of something truly special. I am continually amazed by the level of talent and intelligence in the employees here. Each and every day we are working to improve and looking for different ways to innovate and continue to strive to be the best. I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't such an amazing place to work.

Cons

This isn't a position for everyone. If you aren't willing to put in hard work, and yes sometimes long hours, this isn't for you. If you aren't willing to go above and beyond and do whatever it takes for ultimate client satisfaction, this isn't for you. The company's end goal is to WOW the client every time, and it takes a special person to be able to consistently deliver, if you don't demand excellence from yourself, this isn't for you.

Keep pushing your people to do better and be better, keep improving communication and building layers of management to support such tremendous growth. Innovation and empowering employees is key.

Other Reviews for TransPerfect

A very unhappy place to work.

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment and immeasurable high-levels of work/stress left me able to handle any work situation.
    Made friendships that I still have to this day.

Cons

Incredibly poor pay.
    "Meritocracy" is subjective at best.
    Nepotism is rampant.
    Immature employee/upper-management relationships.
    Uncaring upper-management demands unrealistic hours.

Pay your people, manage workflow, maintain reasonable work-hour demands, and offer a real, quantifiable measurement for rewards.

Wretched. Engage at your own risk.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-High-speed environment left me with a valuable skill set

Cons

-False promise of a meritocracy quickly exposed after witnessing firsthand the extreme subjectivity of senior management
    -Long hours with no (believable) promise of adequate compensation
    -"Fun" and “youthful" work environment breeds a very unprofessional work culture including nepotism and other inappropriate work situations

Respect your employees, respect the vendors that work for you, be professional in the workplace, change your business model so people can actually want to build careers there

There are newer employer reviews for TransPerfect.

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!