TransPerfect

www.transperfect.com
There are newer employer reviews for TransPerfect

All in all, a good place to work

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TransPerfect

Pros

- Very fast paced
- you truly unfluence your own future here - I know it sounds cliched but if you work harder than your peers, you will succeed.
- opportunities for advancement because the company is constantly growing and evolving
- INCREDIBLE company parties
- Most of the people are great
- Beautiful offices in the best cities in the world

Cons

A lot of the other posters are very enthusiastic about the company and probably work there too. In truth, there are legitimate great things and legitimate bad things about the company. It is still a startup culture (which I love, but is not for corporate-types), so some things are fast paced and sometimes disorganized in some areas. People always have a lot on their plate, so the hours are long.

Any reviews saying that management is poor is oblivious to the company's spectacular growth, but micromanagement in some areas causes bottlenecks.

298 Other Employee Reviews for TransPerfect (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at TransPerfect

Pros

-Very much a meritocracy
    -They're very picky about hiring, so you end up working with great people and can make some long-time friends.
    -You're given a lot of responsibility early and learn very quickly
    -If you are dedicated to the company, the company is dedicated to you
    -You're given a lot of autonomy

Cons

-You do work hard and put in your time for your first year or two, but it pays off many times over
    -You wear many hats and need to learn quickly how to be a jack of all trades
    -You often need to figure things out on your own with little oversight

Great internship, would consider working for them someday

Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at TransPerfect

Pros

I worked for TransPerfect as a sales intern for 6 months and had a great experience. The employees were very friendly. My boss was great to work for and he wrote me a nice letter of recomendation. I got a lot of experience with different tasks. Sometimes employees would come from other offices to work for the day and they were very friendly too. All in all, very friendly people and a great experience.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. OK, maybe one thing...interns don't get to go to their company parties! :)
    Seriously, I heard those were pretty incredible.

There are newer employer reviews for TransPerfect