TransUnion LLC
www.transunion.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

No idea about healthcare.

Analyst (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at TransUnion LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts a large, relatively stable company. You won't be fired, even if you are not that productive or useful. Parts of the company are real moneymakers, so even with constant poor decisions the company will stay afloat.

You can find great coworkers and the occasional good performer that gets it.

ConsWow. Where to start.

HealthCare - TU now dabbles in healthcare, but has very limited grasp of the market. Their decisions and focuses are confusing and almost mind numbing. If you have a good grasp of the current marketplace, correct pricing, correct expectations, and what is important, then prepare to be frustrated.

Acquisitions - if they buy you, get ready to grind to a halt with red tape, policies and procedures, and generally messing up your stuff. Client satisfaction will go down, prices will go up, and you will have to constantly explain how your stuff (used to) work.

Outsourcing - sending client calls to India, and outsourcing development...yes, these are good strategies.

Limited upward mobility. If you don't play politics and fluff the right way, you're not moving up. You won't even get interviewed or a courtesy chat if you apply. The job can sit open for months, almost a year - and you won't hear anything.

Management - lots of consulting background types. Not the dive in, get your hands dirty, understand things consultant (do those exist?). Everyone's been around some consulting company for a decade or so, and this is their chance to cash in and sit back. So you will not get active minds or hard workers at this level.

Input - not appreciated. Try to use your expertise, effect some improvement or better direction, or even try to stave off the impending disasters and client atrophy - and you will be labeled as a negative presence offering too much resistance. Take your resistance somewhere else - and make more money in a better environment! Win-win!

Overall TU is something of a throwback...their outlook is some combination of decades from the 50s to the 90s. Bonus is limited to management or above. Pay rate for senior management is huge, but anything lower will be sub-par. Everything is about process and red tape. Innovation is not on the agenda. Other companies will be faster, smarter, and better - they will just buy the cheapest one.

Truly a thrilling, fulfilling atmosphere.

If you have the consulting background and want a fluffy job with lots of flying around and not much actual work, TU may work out well for you. If you want to be on the cutting edge, or within 100 miles of it....if you like being productive...if you want to have input and form a good connection...then TU is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the experts you have on staff. If you are losing them at a ridiculous rate, LISTEN to them. Replacing functional staff with directors and fluff positions is not a successful strategy. Get some actual industry talent and experience to direct your product - not just one of the guys in house that went to the doctor recently. You have a huge foundation and some smart guys at the top, but the layers of fluff and glacial pace make your company immensely frustrating to actual productive, successful, awesome employees. That's why they leave in droves.

Run away. Run very far and don't look back!

Systems Consultant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay and benefits are good. Location to train (Union Station) is good. Access to amenities in the… Cons: TRUST. Management is not trustworthy. The head of USIS told associates in a company meeting last year that their reward for keeping the company strong… Advice to Senior Management: Absolutely no advice to management at all. You know what the problems are. You received the survey results. You're telling the employees that you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great associates!

Technical Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fantastic team environment. My coworkers and I think and… Cons: Lack of management communication. My team and I do great work,… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to listen Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TransUnion LLC.

Worked for TransUnion LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransUnion LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransUnion LLC CEO Jim Peck. All reviews posted anonymously by TransUnion LLC employees.