There are newer employer reviews for TransUnion

All IT development and support moving offshore.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Solid company. I enjoy the work atmosphere and the people.

Cons

Management promotes based on the old boy or good friend network instead of who is producing results. Moving IT development and support offshore will not produce the cost savings predicted and management is sticking with their plan rather than admit their estimates were incorrect. Too much infighting and power struggles at the top levels,

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make every Technical Manager a Project Manager. Create an IT Technical career path for those who do not want to be Project Managers.

Other Employee Reviews for TransUnion

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Consumer Contact Representative in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Consumer Contact Representative in Fullerton, CA

Pros

I learned a lot about credit reports. I enjoyed the daily contact I had with my consumers. I enjoyed challenging myself.

Cons

Lack of communication between management and employees. A lot of the co-workers were very immature and it was like being in high school - lots of back stabbing and telling on each other. Too much drama.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your employees and show respect to everyone. Remember that your employees are not robots and you can't expect the impossible.

Great company for people that don't like change and want job security

Former Employee - Insurance Product Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Product Development in Chicago, IL

Pros

The work is very low pressure. Relaxed people. Good benefits. Steady company -- credit reports are not going out of business anytime soon.. It is owned by a prominent Chicago family who comes from many years of money so there won't be funding problems. We were provided with lunch occasionally. The people that work there are very relaxed. It's typical to stop by the coffee break room and chat with someone for 20min before going back to work. My managers at least (and I think the company as a whole is like that) did not micro manage me and just let me do my own work.

Cons

Typical corporate cube atmosphere. Did not feel that the people were very motivated. 5pm and I literally heard the pens drop. If you stay until 5:20pm, the cleaner will start sweeping under your feet. The training was very short. Quite a bit security as the credit reports are private information. It did not seem that there was a great amount of career progression or at least as rapid as I would have wanted. Not a good place for young, fresh out of college as it pretty much kills your dreams and aspirations. Good for the sububanites with kids. Steady job, Decent pay check.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. The job was intersting enough. Great company for people that seek a steady job and a steady life.. I'm not one of them, but you might be.