TransUnion

www.transunion.com

Need to be in the right "click" to survive.

Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood people to work with. They care about the work and each other.

ConsI had 4 different team leaders and three different titles in 4 years. Way to much change in a short period of time to measure whether or not things are even working properly. They promote managers from within with zero experience and worst of all zero people skills. Workloads are unsustainable due to huge push to migrate systems off mainframe to open systems. Unfortunately for all those employees performing those migrations once they are complete TU will need less then half of the production staff and will start cutting immediately. Should be by end of 2015 at latest. To be on the good side of the layoffs you need to be in the click of people who started around early 2000's.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor upper management give those employees a good severence package and don't ship the jobs remaining overseas. You can at least hire right out of college for those jobs.
For middle management your employees are your most valuable asset. You need to treat them that way. Positive reinforcement is as old as time BUT still in fact works.

No adancement

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Conveniant to get to, as well as good 401(K). Work life balance… Cons: Been there for 10 years. Originally it was a "big" company, but run like a small one. Now, 3 owners later, its layered in process,… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate better, and not just with VP's, but across the board. Usually when someone is good at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be great but buyout is the worst thing that ever happened

IT Professional (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good compensation and health benefits Cons: Employees are undervalued for their contribution. Bottom line is profits and… Advice to Senior Management: Real Career Development and Recognition to Employees and not dirty… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on TransUnion.

Worked for TransUnion? Contribute to the Community!