TransUnion

www.transunion.com
There are newer employer reviews for TransUnion

Need to be in the right "click" to survive.

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. They care about the work and each other.

Cons

I had 4 different team leaders and three different titles in 4 years. Way to much change in a short period of time to measure whether or not things are even working properly. They promote managers from within with zero experience and worst of all zero people skills. Workloads are unsustainable due to huge push to migrate systems off mainframe to open systems. Unfortunately for all those employees performing those migrations once they are complete TU will need less then half of the production staff and will start cutting immediately. Should be by end of 2015 at latest. To be on the good side of the layoffs you need to be in the click of people who started around early 2000's.

For upper management give those employees a good severence package and don't ship the jobs remaining overseas. You can at least hire right out of college for those jobs.
For middle management your employees are your most valuable asset. You need to treat them that way. Positive reinforcement is as old as time BUT still in fact works.

191 Other Employee Reviews for TransUnion (View Most Recent)

It's an alright experience for an Intern

Former Employee - Technology Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have some good stuff going on in healthcare. I spoke to a lot of people while I was here and the work they were doing was great.

Cons

The team I was working on was stale and the technology was old. Didn't have much to do

Have faith in the interns and give them actual work

Solid company going through culture change

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Higher than average salaries. The building is currently going through a renovation and will have a much more modern look. There is also a new CEO who is trying to make the culture more employee friendly.

Cons

Lack of direction and leadership from upper management. There is a lot of inefficiencies and manual processes. There is a lack of communication between segments.

Provide better leadership to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for TransUnion