Transaction Network Services

www.tnsi.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Transaction Network Services

Pretty good place to work - good work life balance but not on the cutting edge of anything

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Transaction Network Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My hours are fairly casual, as in nobody is on my back if I arrive in 20 minutes late or I need an hour off during the day or work from home one day. My work load is pretty consistent, some days busy, some days less busy. Great experience, especially early in your career, a lot of good technologies that look good on your CV. There is scope to improve your job, nobody has ever asked me why I'm implementing new scripts or procedures as long as they make my day to day work easier.

They're usually good for paying for a few lunches during the month and a few work night outs during the year. There are some good benefits with health and life assurance. Not sure how much scope there is for career development but I think it's a good place to work for 2 or 3 years to get some experience on good solid technologies that will benefit your CV and learn some solid skills that a lot of employers will like.

In general I like working in TNS, I don't feel like I'm on the cutting edge or in a constantly frantic fast paced environment, which personally I'd rather than leaving each day stressed out. As said good place for a few years experience, I don't see myself working here for more than about another 12 to 18 months.

Cons

I'm reading reviews from 2 or 3 years ago about how the company needs to change it's brand and is constantly doing reorgs. Since I've been here (18 months) they've talked about how they want to change the brand and have done 2 reorgs in my department. Not sure where they're going with a long term plan, but I think since most of their customers are banks who move at a snail pace, maybe they're OK to continue with old services.

As an individual the pay is OK, not fantastic, I know I could get more elsewhere and will most likely do so in the next year. They don't have any bonus structure in place, you might get one if you're doing well, but nothing set in stone. Pay increases are OK, I suppose considering the current economic climate, anything is better than nothing.

Have a better bonus structure in place. Don't make an employee have to fight for every penny. Not that either of these things are exclusive to TNS.

Let us know what your clear long term strategy is. After working here and reading the reviews I don't know where TNS is heading, all management ever say is that we're going to improve the brand and provide "sexier" services to customers. It seems you've been saying this for years now without doing a lot.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Transaction Network Services (View Most Recent)

Disgusting management of Australia sub

Former Contractor - Staff in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Contractor - Staff in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Transaction Network Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

You can arrive 30 minutes late or absence from the office for lunch for 1hour or even 2 hours and no one will ask you, only if you can finish your job or giving a reason that you are doing your job well

Cons

General Mgr of the Australia only heading for improving sales, no holistic experience or knowledge about how to integrate and organize the company (Asia Pacific region), and no intention to care people; very political, drving out good managers. Financial Controller is fret about doing anything that might take a risk to his position, aimless, ever changing to please important figures. Same are the square-headed, inactive finance manager, very rude, harsh to people who are in lower rank. They only know how to threathen and how to get themselves more money. Talents will not rewarded but absolutely envied!

Be nice to your staff, don't only heading for money, otherwise are on a boat of floating or even leaking... Because no one is fond to be used to bone for no prospects

Merger of two companies (RI & TNS) with similar dysfunctions.

I worked at Transaction Network Services

Pros

Ability to work on interesting and challenging projects for big clients.

Cons

Incredible lack of corporate self awareness. It's one thing to manufacture some hype in your marketing strategy, but it's another altogether when you start believing it without putting in the time, attention and effort to make it real.

TNS is a boat floating aimlessly. Hope alone isn't a good strategy for future success. The company needs to clearly define what it wants to be and then take an honest assesment of where it currently is. Only then will they be able to see how big the gap is and hopefully make the right decisions to correct the course. This can only happen with effective and ambitious senior management.

There are newer employer reviews for Transaction Network Services