Transamerica
www.transamerica.com Cedar Rapids, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Good place to build skills

Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Transamerica full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Benefits, Generous Vacation Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Affiliations, Average Pay Scale

ConsHiring process is slow, as is job transferring. Human Resources is very resourceful but throughout many locations so recruiting is slow and not the best in communication progress. Minimal flexibility in schedules for some departments and inconsistent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and conduct surveys to empower employees. One of the "must-win" battles is restoring morale and it would start with surveys to find where the opportunities are to improve.

Good company for actuarial and finance professionals to build experience

Risk Manager (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Transamerica full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunity to learn about life insurance industry other segments Good work… Cons: Life insurance industry currently going through a bad patch like all the other financial services industry. Might not be… Advice to Senior Management: Company does not seem favorable for young employees. Managers are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ok place if you dont plan to move up.

Associate Accountant (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Transamerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Shifts if you are a morning person and the work… Cons: Training is terrible, they hardly hire within, they keep on… Advice to Senior Management: Stop taking away stuff that used to make this place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Transamerica.

Worked for Transamerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Transamerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Transamerica CEO Mark W. Mullin. All reviews posted anonymously by Transamerica employees.