Transamerica
www.transamerica.com Cedar Rapids, IA 150 to 499 Employees

A mediocre existence

Retirement Services (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Transamerica full-time

ProsTransamerica Retirement Services has a lot of nice people who have been at the company a long time. The company offers good benefits and salaries generally seem to be fair, if not above average. They offer a lot of training to get employees up to speed with products and legislation, as well as to improve skills.

ConsVery little innovation in this company (just look at the dated website). The people who have been at the company for 10-20+ years are nice but are pretty much stuck in their ways; new ideas are met with a lot of resistance. The company got hammered during the recession and doesn't seem to be doing much to adopt to a new world order. Executives almost all come from within the company; very few outsiders seem to want to work for TRS.

Workforce Analyst in TL&P

Workforce Analyst (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Transamerica full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people and challenging work. Cons: Disorganized structure, severely understaffed, extremely high stress, lack of automation, highly… Advice to Senior Management: As a multi-billion dollar company, spend a few thousand dollars on automating call routing to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OK place to start out of school. Not a place for a long term career.

I have been working at Transamerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Co-workers. They provide benefits but each year they get more… Cons: No clear direction on where the business is headed. 4 re-organizations in less than 2 years. Trying to do too much in a short period… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a strategy and stick to it for longer than 6 months. Employees are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Transamerica.

Worked for Transamerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Transamerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Transamerica CEO Mark W. Mullin. All reviews posted anonymously by Transamerica employees.