Transamerica

There are newer employer reviews for Transamerica

Not Recommended

Current Employee - New Business - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - New Business - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transamerica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, nice office and co-workers are great people.

Cons

Few advancement opportunities with only a few tenured employees in the Denver office. High turnover. Processing time standards are unrealistic for newer employees and are based off the time it takes a tenured processor to complete the work, but even new employees are held to this standard. Employment is contingent on processing within the time standards, while also maintaining a high quality score. Basically they want you to process as fast as you can, but without making any mistakes. If you can't process fast enough, you'll be terminated and if you make too many errors while processing, you'll be terminated. This is why they have high turnover, because not many processors can achieve this balance between speed and quality. And don't try to circumvent the system, because that will get you fired as well.

I would start by hiring trainers who have actually processed before, because it's impossible to hit the time standards for the various work types by following procedures, you have to learn the shortcuts. Also, tracking every second of someones day makes them feel like they're being treated like children. I feel like the position is more about tracking every second of your day, rather than processing annuity paperwork. We have to constantly track our time and we have meetings to talk about time. When we make a mistake because we're hurrying through our work, it takes time to correct it and if we had been given that additional time to begin with, the mistake may not have ever been made. There's a reason why there is a revolving door in the New Business department and it's not because you're hiring incompetent employees, it's because the system you have for the department is broken and sets people up for failure.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Transamerica (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Transamerica