Transcontinental Media

www.transcontinental.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Transcontinental Media

Horrible.nightmare. planet gloom experience! Robo Sales going no where!Stress beyond belief you will age very fast.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Flexible Breaks Benefits Product idea is great

Cons

Unnecessary sales pressure Incompetence in senior management treat sales people like peons Sales approach don't work Clueless as on how to convert sales into actual cash they hire 10 reps 2 survive within 3 months and those same two are looking for work they hired 100 people in one year and only 2 survived-wow Olympic stamina! they can't get things done

Advice to Management

You can't use on the road sales approach over the telephone-telemarketing or sales professional format? Decide! And get rid of false promises

Other Employee Reviews for Transcontinental Media

Transcontinental Media: a good company to work, where you will experience a lot!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

-The freedom the management gives to their employees. As a sales representative, my boss does not ask me everyday where I am or what I did. I can come and go whenever I think I need to, as soon as I meet my sales target. -The possibility to try, make mistakes and learn from them - As a sales representative, I can go to any business event that will contribute to make me know better the industries I work with. If an association in those industries organizes a lunch and learn, I can go and my employer paies for the fees. - I can invite my clients to any restaurant I want and I can part take in many golf tournament during the summer, all this being paied by my employer.

Cons

The salary is not very high in the media industry and our benefit package does not include much. Employees must develop sales skills pretty much by themselves. There are no integration plan when a new employee comes in, so the new employee has to discover a lot by himself as far as time goes. There are no access to high or top management like some other companies where specific actions are taken by the top management to be known by their employee. There is a lack of organisation in the communication beetween employees and management. Finally, there is no real career plan for motivated employees, as we don't really know what is going on in the other divisions of the company.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that Senior management take the time to share their knowledge with junior employees.

Can advance your career, but the long commute and soul-crushing environment are a big sacrifice...

Current Employee - Editor in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Editor in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

The magazine publishing industry is tiny in Toronto, so with a limited number of jobs, this can be a place to gain experience if you can't get in the door at Rogers or St. Joseph Media (the other two major publishers in the city).

Cons

The terrible location (Yonge & Sheppard in Toronto - an urban wasteland). Shabby, soul-crushing 70's-chic decor. Payscales that are nowhere near the "at-market" rate. A nonexistent corporate culture. Low employee morale. Unrealistic expectations in terms of the workload that is shouldered by an insufficient number of staff members.

Advice to Management

Relocate to downtown Toronto (and redecorate!). Establish an employee retention program to attract and retain high-performing employees (and compensate them properly). Hire more staff.