Transdev

www.transdev.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Transdev

Great people, good culture - We try hard but don't quite make it

Current Employee - Lead Operations Supervisor in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Lead Operations Supervisor in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Transdev full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with; the operators are great and my supervisor is awesome. The corporate culture is very strong, and the opportunities for training are endless. This company hires primarily from within, so there are excellent opportunities for advancement and inter-department/inter-location transfer. They are also the highest paying contractor in the area. Supervisors are empowered to structure their shift and run the operation as they see fit within the standard operating procedures. The equipment is in reasonably good shape. Work-life balance opportunities are awesome for this position.

Cons

Management seems distant, hard to reach and harder to get time with. I also question their subject matter expertise. It's tough to implement change and improvement initiatives here because we operate very close to our budget limitations. We don't do a lot of team building activities here which I think hurts corporate performance. Corporate reps from the USA and France are often applying pressure to reduce expenses, even at the cost of negatively affecting service performance. The pay is real good, but not great. This isn't exactly a con, but it's really hard to retain good people with an abundance of higher paying government jobs available in the area.

Stop being so cheap when it comes to small operational expenses. If new supplies are needed, order them. Take more time to invest into team-building initiatives, your people are your best asset. Work on inter-department communications. Things are good but this company has the potential to be so much more! Oh, and business is run completely different in Canada than it is in the USA or France, so please don't send international reps here and tell us how to run the show. It doesn't work that way here in Canada.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Transdev (View Most Recent)

Not very considerate towards drivers

Current Employee - BCT Driver in Bunbury (Australia)
    Current Employee - BCT Driver in Bunbury (Australia)

I have been working at Transdev full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money not too bad but not what it should be

Cons

Awful shifts mostly splits,you will usually work 5 or 6 out of 7 days, including saturdays and sundays with no penalties.
    a typical week of splits will be spread over 12 and upto 15 hrs per day, but you will only be paid 6-7or8 hours per day, but you cant get on with anything else.
    Management is not good, showing little respect or consideration to drivers.
    I'm over transdev, and have moved on.

You people in Bunbury need to treat employees with more respect,
    moral is low amongst BCT and getting lower.

International private transit provider that has a lot of growing up to do

I have been working at Transdev full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large corporation with international reach, internal growth opportunities

Cons

Inconsistant policies, procedures and training at property level - perception of island mentality where properties act as individual business units rather than extesnsions of overall corporation. No leadership devleopment or grooming program, lack of planning and execution on large-scale corporate initiatives, and no cohesive articulated company mission or vision.

Hire the best and brightest, work to retain the best and brightest through development programs, incentives, training, etc. Look at best practices, not only in transit industry, but from highly successful businesses. Stop acting and thinking like a small transit company, but be visionary and incorporate best business practices of large-scale multi-national corporations.

There are newer employer reviews for Transdev