There are newer employer reviews for Transfield Services

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at Transfield Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A great company. I've had many opportunities working with Transfield to help grow my career. I've been with the company for 2 years and it's one of the best places I've worked. I love the teams I've worked with, and the management. The company holds true to it's values.

Cons

Complaints throughout the company are regarding payroll and wages staff being paid incorrectly. I haven't been efffected but I know many who have. It's difficult to sell this comapny as a "great place to work" if people aren't getting paid!

I know that the company's payroll system is currently under review but we MUST get this right! We should also have better training systems in place. Perhaps a team dedicated to travelling to new contracts to show them the processes and how to find answers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Boring

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Transfield Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a job when I needed one, HR were helpful, my direct manager was friendy and approachable.

Cons

The work was boring. To get the job required an engineering degree but used no engineering skills. The pay was less than other graduate roles and my supervisor (below manager) was incompetent and unable to lead.

If hiring for a leadership position make sure that person has experience in leading a team, can identify with the team and earn their respect and be able to get results which out hvaing to resort to 'cracking the whip'.

2. Poorly structured

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Transfield Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Varied opportunities provided you are willing to take initiative
    - Good people at the front line
    - Great HSE culture

Cons

- Typical big company, top heavy and bureaucratic, poor organisation structure
    - Poor client relations
    - Apathetic middle management
    - First cost saving measure during the GFC was a stop on all training programs and graduate training, which seems very short sighted

- Focus on streamlining the company, reduce cost by reducing unnecessary management
    - Focus on retaining good employees and provide training

There are newer employer reviews for Transfield Services