Graduate Engineer

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer  in  Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Transfield Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Transfield Services is a great company to work with. Worked in a welcoming team and pay was rewarding. Supervisor was very helpful and more than willing to teach me anything i didn't know.

Cons

A few contracts at transfield services were lost and a lot of people are in the process of losing their jobs.

Other Reviews for Transfield Services

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at Transfield Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great company. I've had many opportunities working with Transfield to help grow my career. I've been with the company for 2 years and it's one of the best places I've worked. I love the teams I've worked with, and the management. The company holds true to it's values.

Cons

Complaints throughout the company are regarding payroll and wages staff being paid incorrectly. I haven't been efffected but I know many who have. It's difficult to sell this comapny as a "great place to work" if people aren't getting paid!

I know that the company's payroll system is currently under review but we MUST get this right! We should also have better training systems in place. Perhaps a team dedicated to travelling to new contracts to show them the processes and how to find answers.

Boring

I worked at Transfield Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They gave me a job when I needed one, HR were helpful, my direct manager was friendy and approachable.

Cons

The work was boring. To get the job required an engineering degree but used no engineering skills. The pay was less than other graduate roles and my supervisor (below manager) was incompetent and unable to lead.

If hiring for a leadership position make sure that person has experience in leading a team, can identify with the team and earn their respect and be able to get results which out hvaing to resort to 'cracking the whip'.

There are newer employer reviews for Transfield Services.

Worked for Transfield Services? Contribute to the Community!