Transfield Services

www.transfieldservices.com
  www.transfieldservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Transfield Services

Technician field staff New Zealand

Former Employee - Tech  in  Tauranga (New Zealand)
Former Employee - Tech in Tauranga (New Zealand)

I worked at Transfield Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The remaining field staff are knowledgeable and supportive, I liked the varied work outdoors and good customers, the health and safety culture was improving, vans and tools supplied, pay is good depending on job type, I felt that this industry was experiencing growth, the job has many aspects from customer service, technical trouble shooting, physical labor, confined space to working at heights, training is good, job itself is great.

Cons

in my opinion and from what I have seen heard and experienced the industry is going down hill fast due to bad contracts made with the client Chorus to secure work but it has come at a huge cost, If this continues then a minimum wage job will be better than this job and I wont look back.

The above pros will disappear if counter measures are put in place from restructure.

the current contract with Chorus is self destructive to the company and NZ, renegotiate a fair and sustainable contract, secure staff and create sustainability, the current direction of the company has no clear direction, many staff will jump ship, and with the unsustainable staff levels the financial burden will sink Transfield as performance will suffer hence, Chorus will act accordingly.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Transfield Services (View Most Recent)

It was a good experience

I worked at Transfield Services

Pros

Flexibility was a good feature

Cons

Low salary was one of the problems

It is OK. No Redundancy pay.

I have been working at Transfield Services

Pros

To work in an Electrical Industry in NZ, you can only work for a contracting company like transfield Services in most of the cases.

Cons

Hard to ask for pay rise once you are in the company even that you have earn lot more experience. People will just move to another company when they had enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Transfield Services

Worked for Transfield Services? Contribute to the Community!