Transport Corporation of America

There are newer employer reviews for Transport Corporation of America

Good place

Current Employee - OTR Driver  in  Janesville, WI
Current Employee - OTR Driver in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay,good people, will work with you on home time.

Cons

limited movement for drivers,mostly otr, reg or bust

17 Other Employee Reviews for Transport Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

mostly good, My rate of pay is better, miles ok, home time ok, fleet mgrs ok, benefits ok.

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like the deciated opportunities that are available here and the steady miles and hometime.

Cons

If you are out on medical leave more than 30 days, you must take this physical fittness test even though your doctor has released you to go back to work. You can even pass your dot physical and still have to do this. Does the fact that a driver cannot stand on one foot for 30 seconds mean that he cannot do his job? It sounds like you are trying to get rid of your older more expierenced drivers.

You really must not need drivers if this is the only reason for not qualifing for a drivers position. This policy should be changed for drivers that are already working here. Good Lord, we already have to jump through enough hoops already. thanks for your time.

Starting to remind me of Schneider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  North Liberty, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in North Liberty, IA

Pros

Regional seems to actually mean regional. Newer trucks coming into fleet. Family attitude amongst drivers.

Cons

Cannot depend on support staff. Hometime often screwed up. Load pick up or delivery times often compromised by bad dspatch info. Faulty qualcomm equipment. Dispatch directions and qualcomm directions are as different as nite and day. Way too many old trailers that need to be disposed of immediately. Not enuff mechanics and shops close at 6pm, need to be open 24hours. Need truck wash stations at support centers. Need better tracking of trailers to prevent prolonged trailer searches.

When a driver says they can't take a load in the middle of the night because they are on their 10 hour break. Stop trying to talk them into parking at the shipper, wake up at midnite or 1am back up to the dock while on break, just to get the load, and then resume their break. Last time I checked that was illegal. Once that break starts, don't tell us we goota move that truck, so you can get your commision!

There are newer employer reviews for Transport Corporation of America

Worked for Transport Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!