Transport Corporation of America

There are newer employer reviews for Transport Corporation of America

could be a lot better

Current Employee - OTR DRIVER and TRAINER in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - OTR DRIVER and TRAINER in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good starter company..to get your year or two years exp in...if your not married or have any bills good company to start with...decent trucks and trls..some good yards and some fair...

Cons

had to fight to get home for my home time...my dispatcher decided i didnt need any more advances so he on his own put in that i was to get no more cash advances..given a new truck and for 6 weeks couldnt shut it down due to elect short..so i was charged with the idle time even though i turned in my idle time request...so no bonus of any time...took over a year and a half before i was put up for pay review..almost lost my house 3 times due to no miles or low miles even after letting them know when i needed the miles...always talked about the yearly average not about what you were making or running for that week which is the following weeks payroll..was cussed out by night dispatch even though i did what they told me to do...fell off the truck and got hurt and was accused by dispatch of doing it on purpose..lol..right wanted a fractured skull and busted back...payroll saying they dont get your trips in for pay even though you have the trans flow date and time...they didnt care said they didnt get it so didnt pay till the following week so again almost lost the house...

get your mind back on the drivers and their needs and not lineing your pockets with money...get rid of the truck stops that have no parking and no showers and put the ones back that did..thought driver comfort was your big concern..cant prove by what i have seen

19 Other Employee Reviews for Transport Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

Good place

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good pay,good people, will work with you on home time.

Cons

limited movement for drivers,mostly otr, reg or bust

mostly good, My rate of pay is better, miles ok, home time ok, fleet mgrs ok, benefits ok.

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Transport Corporation of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like the deciated opportunities that are available here and the steady miles and hometime.

Cons

If you are out on medical leave more than 30 days, you must take this physical fittness test even though your doctor has released you to go back to work. You can even pass your dot physical and still have to do this. Does the fact that a driver cannot stand on one foot for 30 seconds mean that he cannot do his job? It sounds like you are trying to get rid of your older more expierenced drivers.

You really must not need drivers if this is the only reason for not qualifing for a drivers position. This policy should be changed for drivers that are already working here. Good Lord, we already have to jump through enough hoops already. thanks for your time.

There are newer employer reviews for Transport Corporation of America