Transwestern Commercial Services

A Great Place to Be!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Transwestern Commercial Services

Pros

Support group always in place. We work as a TEAM not just employees making it day to day. You will be advanced and given opportunities if you take the initiative and want it bad enough. In certain positions, you can work from home if necessary and it is accepted, not frowned upon. Further education is supported.

Benefits & Work/Life Balance:
Great benefits. I am a mother of three and never have trouble getting time off for illness, etc. Wonderful annual company gatherings that make work not seem like such a boring place to meet people.

Cons

In my particular department, there is a lack of leadership skills by upper management. Team Members like to know they are appreciated and that they are performing well. While, it is nice to get annual increases, praise once a year is not good enough to keep an employee's spirits up the other 11 months of the year. I have not seen this problem in other departments as much.

Train your department heads to be more supportive of their department's employees. It is important for employees to feel valued. Senior Management needs to know that it is ok to come in and step on the toes of Department Managers when a situation warrants that to happen.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Transwestern Commercial Services (View Most Recent)

Good Ol' Boys Network Lives

I worked at Transwestern Commercial Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NIce offices and big name.

Cons

EXTREMELY unrealistic expectations and do not empower employees to do their jobs at ALL. Expect miracles without any authority to accomplish the goals. Also, it is full of Right-winged Republican Evangelical Christians who make black jokes, and had a cow when Obama visited one of their buildings in DC because Marketing released a Press Release about it. They didn't want their clients to think they supported Obama because most of their clients are bigots like them. In the entire place there were NO people of color (I don't mean Asians) other than accounting and out of sight positions. Expected miracles but didn't ever repay with thanks. Backstabbers and liars.

Replace the CEO - he's a micromanager who tries to do everything himself, down to the light bulbs in the lobby. Diversify your staff with people from all walks of life, and backgrounds, beliefs, etc. not just ONE.

It is wonderful.

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Transwestern Commercial Services

Pros

Great Oppurtunity to make money.

Cons

No Salary, all basedon commission

Work with junior brokers more.

There are newer employer reviews for Transwestern Commercial Services