Travel Traders

www.traveltradersllc.com
  www.traveltradersllc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Travel Traders

It was a demanding and very time/life consuming job.

Current Employee - Area Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Area Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Travel Traders

Pros

Lots of autonomy, had the opportunity of working with only monthly visits from the boss. Skill level grew in some areas. Good Boss.

Cons

Technologically antiquated. They don't use computers, only fax machines. Paper work needlessly intense. They don't listen to employees from ways to improve business. Employees are not valued or compensated fairly.

Get computers. Value your employees. It is easier and cheaper to keep employees than constantly train new ones.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Travel Traders (View Most Recent)

Lots of work for little pay.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Travel Traders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a unique environment with quite a bit of freedom, depending on the size of your store. You'll meet a very wide variety of people. There are plenty of little benefits that make it a good experience, but it all really depends on your location. The policies and daily tasks are well structured and organized, though there is entirely too much paperwork involved.

Cons

In my experience, I was left with running the store WAY too often for long periods of time with no monetary benefit whatsoever. I was told by my manager that she was working on getting me a raise or a promotion, but in order to do that, Travel Traders needed to open another store in Columbus. Unfortunately, there really weren't any other hotels that met their criteria, so I had no upward mobility if I didn't move at least 100 miles away.

Upper Management: Talk to your full and part time associates and figure out their needs, because they are the backbone of your company. And create a trainer position so that managers don't have to leave their stores for weeks at a time!

This place is horrible... for real!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Travel Traders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There really aren't any pros. This place is terrible to work. You will want to quit after only a week of work... I did.

Cons

I don't even know where to start. This place is just really, really, REALLY bad. The mangers are horrible for the most part. Certain members of the management team do seem to try, but this company will not allow it's own managers to be managers. They are baby sitters.

The CEOs that run this joke of a company are always checking on their locations because they don't trust there own managers, and you can tell they are the scum of the earth when you meet them. The company expects you to treat this job like it's the most important thing in your life, but they don't pay you near enough to work it the way they want it worked.

The turnover here is INSANE as well! No one stays with this place. It is like a prison you stay in until you get a real job somewhere... anywhere else! Being under paid and over worked will do that to your employees however.

Quit! Quit while your ahead and find a real job yourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Travel Traders