There are newer employer reviews for TravelCenters of America

UNAPPRECIATED BY EMPLOYEES,CUSTOMERS, AND ENTIRE MANAGEMENT (GM AND UP)

Current Employee - Mechanic
Current Employee - Mechanic

I have been working at TravelCenters of America

Pros

You can definately make a decent living here only if you bust your hind end...CONSTANTLY. And if your shop happens to be one of the few busy ones left out there.

Cons

Constantly changing policies. Lack of communication, amongst management themselves and to mechanics. If you have to work a holiday and you are a mechanic, might as well bring a sleeping bag. Having your job threatened constantly.

Show some respect to your mechanics and you will receive respect back. Its not always your way or the highway, sometimes you make mistakes too, Admit it.

reviews filtered by
  1. It has been challenging

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at TravelCenters of America

Pros

It can be a fun and fast paced enviorment to work in

Cons

Promotions are only happening if you have the right connections.

Take a look at how hard people work and say thank you now and then..we are all not fools.

Needs a reality check.

I have been working at TravelCenters of America

Pros

This company used to be decent to work for, before the last buy out. The only benefits that remain are vacations.

Cons

They expect miracles. Their favorite statement is "we are cutting labor, but we expect more work to be done" I am not real sure they realize it does little good to cut someone who is making minimum wage, then create a new position at the top that pays 200k per year. Logic has stepped out with this one.

Learn the needs of your business in the field. Just because everything looks good based on numbers in your ivory tower doesn't mean it is so. Go out in the field, try an episode of undercover boss. You might learn what those in the field really do endure with your stupid policies.

There are newer employer reviews for TravelCenters of America