TravelCenters of America
www.tatravelcenters.com Westlake, OH 5000+ Employees

UNAPPRECIATED BY EMPLOYEES,CUSTOMERS, AND ENTIRE MANAGEMENT (GM AND UP)

Mechanic (Current Employee)

ProsYou can definately make a decent living here only if you bust your hind end...CONSTANTLY. And if your shop happens to be one of the few busy ones left out there.

ConsConstantly changing policies. Lack of communication, amongst management themselves and to mechanics. If you have to work a holiday and you are a mechanic, might as well bring a sleeping bag. Having your job threatened constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect to your mechanics and you will receive respect back. Its not always your way or the highway, sometimes you make mistakes too, Admit it.

It has been challenging

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TravelCenters of America

Pros: It can be a fun and fast paced enviorment to… Cons: Promotions are only happening if you have the right connections. Advice to Senior Management: Take a look at how hard people work and say… More

Needs a reality check.

I have been working at TravelCenters of America

Pros: This company used to be decent to work for, before… Cons: They expect miracles. Their favorite statement is "we are cutting labor, but we expect more work to be done" I am not real sure they… Advice to Senior Management: Learn the needs of your business in the field. Just because everything looks good based on numbers in your ivory tower doesn't mean it is… More
There are newer reviews on TravelCenters of America.

Worked for TravelCenters of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TravelCenters of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TravelCenters of America CEO Thomas M. O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by TravelCenters of America employees.