Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com

Great opportunity for personal and professional growth

Catastrophe Team Adjuster (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis was a great opportunity to earn good money and to learn very much about insurance, writing building damage estimates, and building construction techniques. Most of my coworkers were very helpful and friendly. The job required substantial travel so this was also a great chance to collect hotel points, airline miles, and rental car points. The training offered at this company is excellent and continual.

ConsWorking on an insurance catastrophe team requires long hours every day away from home for weeks (or months) at a time. It can be difficult to be away from home for so long. The job stress could be very high sometimes. Avoid this job if you're afraid of heights (or if you're unwilling to face your fear of heights). Hail storms and windstorms are common types of catastrophes so looking at roof damage is a daily job requirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. I enjoyed my time on the catastrophe team and I felt appreciated and valued by management.

Overall pretty good insurance company

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros: compensation, expertise, management, work life balance Cons: cheap in silly catergories such as no water or coffee… More

Wonderful and Secure

Information Specialist (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros: The culture at Travelers is very consistent and stable. There are many people who have been there 30+ years. The Benefits are excellent… Cons: Travelers is doing a lot off-shoring of Technical Jobs, which hurts… Advice to Senior Management: The company as a hoe should actively promote knowledge exchange, such as cross training and job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!