Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com

Hard work expected but overall good company

Current Employee - Claim Adjuster  in  Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Claim Adjuster in Hartford, CT

Pros

Good start pay, work from home potential, company car, benefits, large company with room to move and grow, pension plan, 401k match, vesting period

Cons

High expectations, large quantity of work, some recent lay offs, low raises, low bonus, long hours, sometimes low moral overall

More compensation for work performed, more incentive, create promotions with in, u marked company cars, lower charge for branded company cars

Other reviews for Travelers Companies

Positive environment but hard to advance one's career

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation, affordable great benefits, positive work environment.

Cons

Hard to advance to other careers within Travelers. Micro managed on how time is used. Always have to watch what is said and done because big brother is watching every move made. In the sales department, it seems that calls are routed to select individuals, while the majority receive really bad calls with less opportunity to sell and bonus. Also different tiers where top performers receive more calls than others. The playing field is not the same for all which is wrong from an ethical standpoint and decreases morale for many of the sales rep's.

Half of you do not have any sales experience & the one's that do need to stop pushing us to sell on value when we are $1k higher a year. No one cares about value with the bad economical times. If we want to provide value, lets make our product affordable and stop being so greedy.

Great opportunity for personal and professional growth

Former Employee - Catastrophe Team Adjuster  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Catastrophe Team Adjuster in Houston, TX

Pros

This was a great opportunity to earn good money and to learn very much about insurance, writing building damage estimates, and building construction techniques. Most of my coworkers were very helpful and friendly. The job required substantial travel so this was also a great chance to collect hotel points, airline miles, and rental car points. The training offered at this company is excellent and continual.

Cons

Working on an insurance catastrophe team requires long hours every day away from home for weeks (or months) at a time. It can be difficult to be away from home for so long. The job stress could be very high sometimes. Avoid this job if you're afraid of heights (or if you're unwilling to face your fear of heights). Hail storms and windstorms are common types of catastrophes so looking at roof damage is a daily job requirement.

No advice. I enjoyed my time on the catastrophe team and I felt appreciated and valued by management.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!