Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com
  www.travelers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Hard work expected but overall good company

Current Employee - Claim Adjuster in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Claim Adjuster in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

Good start pay, work from home potential, company car, benefits, large company with room to move and grow, pension plan, 401k match, vesting period

Cons

High expectations, large quantity of work, some recent lay offs, low raises, low bonus, long hours, sometimes low moral overall

More compensation for work performed, more incentive, create promotions with in, u marked company cars, lower charge for branded company cars

709 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Positive environment but hard to advance one's career

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation, affordable great benefits, positive work environment.

Cons

Hard to advance to other careers within Travelers. Micro managed on how time is used. Always have to watch what is said and done because big brother is watching every move made. In the sales department, it seems that calls are routed to select individuals, while the majority receive really bad calls with less opportunity to sell and bonus. Also different tiers where top performers receive more calls than others. The playing field is not the same for all which is wrong from an ethical standpoint and decreases morale for many of the sales rep's.

Half of you do not have any sales experience & the one's that do need to stop pushing us to sell on value when we are $1k higher a year. No one cares about value with the bad economical times. If we want to provide value, lets make our product affordable and stop being so greedy.

Corporate Giant - good place to work if you don't mind being a number

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

Travelers provides a nice benefit package to employees along with wages that are higher than their competitors. In return, they demand some pretty long work hours and an incredible workload. They also reward you with really nifty and useful things like water bottles, duffle bags and really trendy logo shirts. I ended my career with an entire closet full.

Cons

Employees are pretty much treated like a number. Management changes frequently but not as much as policies and procedures. Typically, management comes up with a new way of doing things, completely forcing employees to learn new procedures and follow new policies. A few weeks or months later, they will decide it was a bad idea and change it again. Because of these types of behaviors, claims employees end up working incredibly long hours in an attempt to catch up to an incredible case load. The company also wastes your time by forcing you to travel to, or attend via conference call, all sorts of meetings and conferences that have absolutely nothing to do with your job. Again, putting you way behind and unable to keep up with the case load.

Device a system that works and stick with it. Find a way to provide manageable caseloads to your employees so they, in turn, can have a balanced life.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies