Travelers Companies

ok

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

work enivorment is ok, needs some improvement

Cons

not enoguh employees, very very very long hours

more support needed

728 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Positive environment but hard to advance one's career

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

4 weeks paid vacation, affordable great benefits, positive work environment.

Cons

Hard to advance to other careers within Travelers. Micro managed on how time is used. Always have to watch what is said and done because big brother is watching every move made. In the sales department, it seems that calls are routed to select individuals, while the majority receive really bad calls with less opportunity to sell and bonus. Also different tiers where top performers receive more calls than others. The playing field is not the same for all which is wrong from an ethical standpoint and decreases morale for many of the sales rep's.

Half of you do not have any sales experience & the one's that do need to stop pushing us to sell on value when we are $1k higher a year. No one cares about value with the bad economical times. If we want to provide value, lets make our product affordable and stop being so greedy.

There are great, genuine folks at Travelers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

The people at Travelers are wonderful. No one hesitates to drop their work to help others, even if they are not on the same team or division. It always felt like a community environment than co-workers.

Cons

Seeing how it is generally a conservative company, ideas that are "outside the box" tend to not be very receptive, especially with people who have been in the company for a long time.

Increase marketing because the brand awareness is not there, even though it is such a great company that offers great products.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies