Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com

Cutting employees and raises.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsYou get 20 days off when you start with the option to purchase 6 more. Benefits are good: Medical, Dental, vision, 401k match.

ConsTravelers needs to quit sending the work to India. So many people were laid off at Travelers and many more to come. We just sit and wait for the chopping block to hit us. It's hard to work at a place where people are always uptight about their job. Some leads have there favorites, and if your not one of them then good luck getting anywhere. The leads will also try to put you down for things and try to make you look bad to management instead of good. Since the latest storms in 2011, most employees did not get a raise. Budgets are cut so bad that we don't get our holiday meal which is about $12 per employee. Things are only getting worse for Travelers. Every week someone will quit, and thats because everyone feels there job is on the line. They will never replace those that leave. If you are on the phones, I feel you have nothing to worry about, most people on them seem happy with their jobs, but they have to work some weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit India. Its not good for you. If you advertised you were an all American company, I believe many people would switch to your company knowing they are saving American jobs they would pay more for the insurance. India makes tons of mistakes than us US workers ever did.
Give your employees what they work for what they strive for, working for a rate increase every year. Without my increase, you think I'm still going to give you 100% don't even ask. Shame on Travelers! I would like to know what the CEO received this year I received $0.

Decent but gets old

Project Manager (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros: Work/Life balance Benefits If you do well you could get a big… Cons: Professional Development Sr. Management hires leadership from outside Salary is not as… Advice to Senior Management: Travelers is not the best place to work anymore in… More

varied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros: benefits people location longevity investments Cons: speak as if collaborative, however not a collaborative environment Advice to Senior Management: a lot of the work is completed leveraging ordinary people dedicated to doing exceptional work. … More
There are newer reviews on Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!