There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Cutting employees and raises.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

You get 20 days off when you start with the option to purchase 6 more. Benefits are good: Medical, Dental, vision, 401k match.

Cons

Travelers needs to quit sending the work to India. So many people were laid off at Travelers and many more to come. We just sit and wait for the chopping block to hit us. It's hard to work at a place where people are always uptight about their job. Some leads have there favorites, and if your not one of them then good luck getting anywhere. The leads will also try to put you down for things and try to make you look bad to management instead of good. Since the latest storms in 2011, most employees did not get a raise. Budgets are cut so bad that we don't get our holiday meal which is about $12 per employee. Things are only getting worse for Travelers. Every week someone will quit, and thats because everyone feels there job is on the line. They will never replace those that leave. If you are on the phones, I feel you have nothing to worry about, most people on them seem happy with their jobs, but they have to work some weekends.

Quit India. Its not good for you. If you advertised you were an all American company, I believe many people would switch to your company knowing they are saving American jobs they would pay more for the insurance. India makes tons of mistakes than us US workers ever did.
Give your employees what they work for what they strive for, working for a rate increase every year. Without my increase, you think I'm still going to give you 100% don't even ask. Shame on Travelers! I would like to know what the CEO received this year I received $0.

674 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

As with any huge organization, a lot of politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

compensation is fair compared to the competitors

Cons

Only as good as your immediate supervisor

be more selective in hiriing unit managers

Corporate Giant - good place to work if you don't mind being a number

Former Employee - Claims Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Travelers Companies

Pros

Travelers provides a nice benefit package to employees along with wages that are higher than their competitors. In return, they demand some pretty long work hours and an incredible workload. They also reward you with really nifty and useful things like water bottles, duffle bags and really trendy logo shirts. I ended my career with an entire closet full.

Cons

Employees are pretty much treated like a number. Management changes frequently but not as much as policies and procedures. Typically, management comes up with a new way of doing things, completely forcing employees to learn new procedures and follow new policies. A few weeks or months later, they will decide it was a bad idea and change it again. Because of these types of behaviors, claims employees end up working incredibly long hours in an attempt to catch up to an incredible case load. The company also wastes your time by forcing you to travel to, or attend via conference call, all sorts of meetings and conferences that have absolutely nothing to do with your job. Again, putting you way behind and unable to keep up with the case load.

Device a system that works and stick with it. Find a way to provide manageable caseloads to your employees so they, in turn, can have a balanced life.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!