Travelers Companies

www.travelers.com
  www.travelers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies

its a good start for entry level into insurance

Current Employee - Claims Representative
Current Employee - Claims Representative

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

great company
feedback for improvement is great

Cons

not easy to move up
micro-managed

729 Other Employee Reviews for Travelers Companies (View Most Recent)

Management doesn't care about their employees

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

Great PTO , benefits, good pay

Cons

Layoffs ! They are trying to send all work offshore. They don't care if work is done correctly. They just want the work done for the cheapest rate possible.

All the work being sent offshore will ultimately damage the company. The lowly front line workers can see this but for some reason the people that make the big bucks cannot grasp this concept. They don't want to hear any negative comments that don't promote their delusional visions

The company does pay exceptionally well if you are able to work for inexperienced EMT w/no internal promotions.

I have been working at Travelers Companies

Pros

Historically stable, strong company that does pay well and offers a great benefit package including paid time off.

Cons

Too much sticky tape at the company and many overpaid upper management level employees that do not know their lines of business. The Unit Manager level and below are very qualified, hard working employees with limited opportunity to move up within the company. The company typically hires externally for promotional opportunities vs. utilizing the strong performers that go through leadership development programs.

The EMT at the company has no regard for what it takes to get the job done. The respect level for those who really run our business is severely lacking. Placing the right EMT people in the appropriate job and line of business is crucial in order to lead their subordinates and increase the job satisfaction to drive the initiatives that are in place. The company tends to fill EMT positions with a warm body vs. placing the right people to drive the business in the right direction. There is truly a disconnect between EMT and those employees who really want to do the right thing for the company and way too many initiatives rolled out that have little to no value to our business. The company has trimmed many positions and states they are running a lean environment requesting more for less from their staff, but does not practice this at a corporate level (Auto Product). What about the number of employees utilized and paid for implementing constant initiatives that do not pay off and only add more work to the front line staff? We communicated "more for less" to the employees only to read an article in Forbes magazine about how rich our CEO was with his earnings, stock and property he bought for millions of dollars shortly following job cuts. Arrogance or ignorance? The upper level management is very insensitive to the feelings of the employees and treat people like they are lucky to just be employed. Employees have little to no work/life balance at Travelers. If we were truly interested in providing superior customer service, we would re-evaluate how we treat our own employees who truly drive the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies